Anyone w/ vintage LV catalog? Need I.D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. About 20 years ago, I fell in love with an LV satchel containing a designer's makeup in a magazine clipping. Sort of a "What's in your (LV) makeup bag?" picture. I no longer have the clipping (I don't think) but I am hoping if I describe it, someone will know the official name of this bag??

It is a type of satchel luggage for toiletries. It is a cube shape, with 2 handles, the interesting part is that it opens just like vintage luggage, with a 3-side zip-around on the top of the cube. Inside, there were elastic loops for holding bottles of shampoo, etc.

Ironically, the current LV pet carriers look the closest to it, but it was definitely a travel toiletries satchel (softsided).

Can anyone help with name and/or pic?

oops, I think this has to be moved to the Reference Library/Identify this LV thread.... sorry MODS!
  2. Thanks Lvbabydoll.... the second one is closer than the first pic. The one I remember has the zipper on the top surface of the cube satchel, if that makes any sense. It has 2 straps like the spontini. The style of that particular bag must date back to the 60s or 70s is my guess....

I just found this in my searching... not it, but thought it suited the thread.

Louis Vuitton, travel case or nécessaire Marthe Chenal, French. Exhibited at the Paris 1925 Exhibition.

Scanned from"Art Deco 1910-1939" edited by Charlotte Benton, Tim Benton and Chislaine Wood.
  3. Here is a basic rendering of the LV satchel I saw, see how the zipper is on the top, it zips around on 3 sides. Too bad LV does not make it anymore. I wonder if I'll ever see one again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.