Anyone use 'Instead' of tampons

1. I recently heard of the product "Instead". I'm trying it and have read up on it and I think I'm going to like it.
    I was a bit wierded out about how big it was and putting it in right, but it seems fine now.
    Anyone have any good or bad to say about it?
  2. I have read about it but it scares me...I dunno why.

so are you getting it or did you get it already? Let me know, I would love to hear from someone who's actually tried it.
  3. I just put my first one in this a.m.

Maybe tmi...but I have trouble anymore keeping the darn tampon in! I can't stand it when it is 1/3 out...drives me batty. I thought I'd try these. I'll post site info...they sound very safe...and didn't realize you can have sex w/them in.
    I'd love to hear also, what others that like or dislike them have to say.
  4. When you have your period the body wants to get rid of the uterine lining and leave your body....therefore we would use a pad or tampon to absorb the unwanted fluids......does it make sense to stick that cup up there and let the fluids remain right next to where the body wants them away??????????????????????????? Yes, it's great for having sex when you have your period but think about it leaving it in there when you are not having sex.......toxic shock syndrome maybe (in less than 8 hours compared to a tampon)?
  5. Of course on their frequent question page they are not going to say one thing negative. Polos26 is right on.
  6. I'm not sure what I think about that truthfully. I'll need to think on it.
    I guess all these years I've misunderstood toxic I didn't think it was about the blood staying in the body, but more about the fragranced tampon being left in the body for hours and hours at a tme. The tampon would allow for bacteria to develop. I'll have to research all of it some more.
    It has ten years of research about toxic shock... It seemed to me that this item allows for no bacteria... Don't know...
    Thanks for the input...
  7. And that's the reason why I posted this if anyone knows firsthand of any bad or negative effects, I can be informed.:yes:
  8. I am so glad you posted this! I have never heard of this product before, and it sounds very interesting. I think I'm going to go to the store and see if they carry them!
  9. I also thought toxic shock was related to the use of tampons. We have a similar product in the UK called a "moon cup" I'd be interested to hear more although I don't know if I'd switch
  10. I've never heard of this before. Is there a website where I can read about it? Anything to help this horrible time of the month thing I'm always interested in reading more about.
  11. Hmmm I have never heard of this before it sounds a little dirty in my opinion. I think I'll be sticking to the tampon, instead.
  12. Yes...check a few posts above and I did leave a web address for reference.

Yes is kind of dirty I guess...although my removal (first time tonight) really wasn't that bad...I expected worse.
    It says that just like the first time you put in contacts and takes some getting used to.
  13. Wow...very interesting~! I am 200% sure that I would pass out after trying it for the first time. Same thing happened when I first used a tampon LOL *SPLAT!!!* I went into the floor. How much did it cost? If you don't mind me asking!
  14. I have used these to keep the magic baby fluid in me while trying to have a baby. Never used them for period. But I have heard of them spilling once you remove the cup so be careful!