Anyone up for a Balenciaga Reveal (and color/style identification question)?

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
So I finally decided on my first Balenciaga...
I wasn't planning on getting it today, but I walked into Holt and couldn't resist. Supposedly there are only 250 of these made in the world (according to the SA), although I have no idea if that's accurate!

DSCN2564 (resized).jpg

And here it is! Sorry about the flash photography, but the color is somewhat accurate - it's like a lavender grey IRL. I would love more information about this bag, if anyone knows more about it! It's part of the 2010 anniversary collection, but I don't know the name of the color (unless it's on that paper tag). I'm really not terribly well versed in Bal - all I know is that it's a First :smile:

Oh and the bag *just* came into Holt Renfrew last week!

DSCN2558 (resized).jpg

I believe that the color is Acier, my SA described it as a lilac and it looks like the color in the pictures she sent me. It is a 2010 limited edition(that has just been released) however I have no idea how many were made. The style wasn't for me so didn't ask any questions about it.

Congrats on your first Balbag!

Nice choice KerriKatherine and such fun lining. Looks like it will smoosh up fine. (Some thought this bag appeared too stiff in another thread, but your photo shows it collapsing on the bed brand spanking new!) Enjoy your new Bal and welcome to the addiction!

Thanks for all the kind and helpful comments!
I really like it but I'm also having some second thoughts... a black Bal is definitely classic, but this seems really unique to me. I won't be able to get a new handbag for quite some time, so now I'm waffling between a Black Giant City, this bag and this bag in black :-/ Decisions, decisions...

If you're having serious doubts after a couple of days, return it...you should heed your inner voice, so you don't regret it ,longterm. It depends on whether you like statement bags or low key bags. If you've already got black and neutral classics covered in other brands, this has more interest.

Here you go...

attachment.php