anyone tried a sling carrier?

1. has anyone tried a sling carrier for their infants? i have been browsing for a good one for my newborn.

any recommendations? thanks!:smile:
  2. I just bought a peanut shell but I am having issues with it. I can't seem to get the little one in/out of it by myself and when I do get him in there he gets all twisted around. I need to take it back to the store for better instructions.
  3. mine is called LUCKY, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is so simple, just goes over your shoulder and the baby is across your chest. My baby loves it! It is easy because we do not need to take the car seat out or stroller when we are shopping. NOW, the only downside, she LOVES it toooo much and wants to be next to me 22 hours a day. I don't mind except when I need to wash dishes, take a shower, etc! But I LOVE it! BTW, get the simple ones, some look way to complicated!
  4. I have one. When my baby was a new born, she would get lost in it. Now that shes older, she doesnt like it. There are pics on the package of the baby sitting up in it, but I cant figure it out.

I walk around with her in the baby bijourn (sp?) all day. I cook, do dishes, laundry, vacuum...pretty much everything except shower with her in it. Shes loves it! My MIL says its spoiling her...but I dont care. I love her and hate to see her cry.

Sorry I got a little OT.
  5. I just bought dd a baby bjorn, this brand makes the best carriers. DD also loves it!

When she was a newborn I carried her around in an infantino(sp?) sling. About the last month if I put her in it she will start to cry. That's why I bought the Baby Bjorn.
  6. i had one and my son (when he was a baby) loved it. mine was a huggababy (here's the website ). my daughter on the other hand didn't like the sling carrier. as a baby, my daughter prefered the baby bjorn carrier (front carrier).

i find both types of slings useful and comfortable...and i also learned that babies have preferences:lol:LOL

hope this helps and good luck!
  7. I've tried both pouches and ring slings (different brands) and find that ring slings are definitely easier to wear since they are adjustable. Plus it is easier to nurse while wearing them. I once shopped for a few hours with DD suckling on and off inside the ring sling and NO ONE suspected a thing. It was so easy.

I love the simplicity of pouches, but 9 out of 10 times my DD just doesn't seem comfortable in them. I definitely cannot nurse DD in them. But in case you are considering a pouch, I would say that they don't make them all the same. For instance, New Native pouches are double-folded, whereas Zolo pouches are triple folded. I prefer the triple folded ones as they seem safer to wear baby with.
  8. thanks everyone for the suggestions, i look at the peanut shell online but couldnt find one around my area-i didnt want to buy one without trying one on. I dont think Babiesrus sell slings.

i did want to get one with the ring b'c it does look more secure. does anyone know where I can find one to try on?

Thanks a million everyone!
  9. another brand i've heard good reviews of is the maya wrap. i was originally looking for a maya wrap a few years ago when my daughter was a baby, but could only find huggababy as i was living in uk at the time.

here's the website and they've list of distributors in usa. maybe there might be one near you so you can try them.
  10. I tried several different ones.....
    I think they work well for small babies, but mine was almost 10 lbs, and he hated every one of them!
  11. I just got a hotslings pouch today and will let you know how it works w/ my 3 1/2 week old DS. So far, the baby bjorn is a no-go w/ him and he just can't seem to be content unless I'm holding him. :s
  12. I used slings for both my kids and LOVED them, the kids too... actually I kind of miss them caring them this way. It's easy as you still have both hands free. I bought mine here it is really a beautiful sling. I would carry them in front of me when they were little and on the side or the back when they were bigger.
  13. I have owned just about every kind of sling there is! Ring slings, pouches, mei tais, pods, wraps, name it!

If there is anything at all I can help you out with, I would love to.

One thing I do know is that I would definately look into other options for a carrier instead of a Bjorn before you buy one. Many reports have been done about the Bjorn and improper spine positioning with the baby harnessed in it.

Any questions, feel free!!! I am all ears!
  14. I carried my oldest till he was 3 in this sling and my DD still occasionally. I may still have one of these in my closet... if you are interested I can send it to you ?

I had the Baby Bjorn too, but after 12 months or so it became to heave to carry.
  15. You need to be careful of the size, if you're considering a pouch. Only if you wear your baby with the right size sling will both of you be comfortable.