Anyone staying up for the total lunar eclipse tonight/early Tues a.m? (pacific time)

1. [​IMG]

From the Oregonian:
    Set the alarm clock for the wee hours before dawn Tuesday and head outside. You'll lose some shut-eye, but the colorful treat in the southwest sky will be worth it.
    Weather willing, a full moon will be aglow with a reddish-orange hue when it passes through Earth's shadow in a total lunar eclipse.
    Although most of North America will see part of the eclipse, sky watchers in Oregon and on the rest of the West Coast will have the nation's best seats for the full 90-minute show.

Totality -- when the moon is completely within the umbra, the inner shadow of the Earth -- will last from 2:52 a.m. until 4:22 a.m. The spectacle will be preceded and followed for about an hour by a partial eclipse as the cratered moon edges into and out of the umbra.

Hey why not an excuse to go a little cuckoo!! :okay::nuts:

2. I'm always looking for an excuse to validate my craziness!

I just saw this today on the news. It looks like our skies have finally cleared up so I might be able to see it here in Wisconsin. You have a better vantage though!

3. Y'know I may just stay up or get up and go check this out...thankfully we've got clear skies in the early evening...hope that holds up!!

Let's get LOONY!!!

4. I might just have to stay up for this! Maybe I should take a nap now. :lol:

5. :wlae: I think you should come over here. We can howl at the moon and eat dirt. Maybe Cuddles will stop by? :roflmfao:

6. LOL..I didnt even know about it.Have fun!

7. This will be awesome and I will be watching it, eyes glued to the sky!!!

8. LMAO Roo...I would be terrified of a bear encounter during a lunar eclipse!! :nuts:. Hold me :p.

9. That's news to me! I need to watch the news more! :shame:

I'll be in bed...dreaming.

10. I just heard about this on the ten o'clock news. I might check it out. I hear it can be seen at 4:30 AM. I'm just going to sleep at that time lately, so who knows.

11. I'm visiting San Fran right now and would feel pretty numb not to wake up and go see, yet sleep is oh so nice...We'll see what happens...

12. It won't happen until almost 6am east coast time. I will be sleeping.

13. i'm going to try to wake up in about 4 hours to see if i can catch a bit of it ....

I wish i could join you gals and howl.... i love to howl... it's kind of in my blood.... =P i will stop incriminating myself and leave it at that... :graucho:

14. Ohhh
    Maybe this is why I can't sleep????
    Only an hour and half left.... we'll see!
    Thanks for the info!

15. I didnt know about this hmm..