Anyone share my experience - Bal has just taken over??

I am pretty loyal to Chanel and LV, and have got a mix of others. Finally got a Balenciaga last week, and am already thinking about another. I must admit, it does grow on ya, I think it's all the colours and the smushy leather.

Thank god I can find people like me here. There's only a couple of people on Kauai that understand the handbag obsession. It all started with Marc Jacobs, then moved to Chloe and the Fendi Spy and of course a lovely MiuMiu but when I purchased my first Balenciaga Day it was all over. That was in January and now I have 6 bags and hopefully 2 more coming soon. I also dream about them. Yesterday I woke from a dream in which I had a sandstone Day and loved it so I called BalNY and ordered one. Might have sell my white Day with GH to fund another Purse I've been eyeing. There's so much out there with Balenciaga it could go on and on:yes:

yes j. I totally agree. i have all bbags except for purses i recieved as gifts. Can never sell a gift no matter how much i am tempted. I dabbled in Chloe for a while and was hit with an MJ stam hunger... but those passed quickly. bbags just keep me coming back.

most of my bags are Bal but I still love the others(limited LVs, a few chanels, stam, spy). I haven't bought/worn anything other than bal in the past six months, and frankly I need a break. It's just that the other bags that intrigue me the most are H, which I can't afford, plus I don't think it's really appropriate for a 22 year old to wear birkins. But I am tired of being bal-only obsessed...

One of them I posted a little while ago

* Meeting up with Justin Timberlake for a friendly drink and then going home to find that I had a Weekender waiting for me. When I opened the package it was shrivelled and not what I had expected.

* I was showing a friend my Balenciaga Bags, and I found that I had 3-4 new ones in my wardrobe. When I began showing them to her, I noticed they were all fake. Wrong rivets, colour etc...

Yes... I'm coo-coo :weird:

:roflmfao: Too funny!!! I think I'd call those nightmares instead of dreams! Especially the one involving JT. :yucky: Sorry if I'm offending anyone...I just don't get the fascination with him at all. :shrugs:

danae - I hear ya. I feel like I have a life time for Hermes and I'm still not sure that I'll ever own one because I'm not sure I'll ever be in a financial position where dropping close to $10k on a Birkin will be something I won't struggle with in my head. Maybe because I'm still in the stage where I love rotating my bags that I can't picture myself wearing one bag day in day out which I think I'd have to do with an Hermes to justify to myself (lol.. and my SO) the cost.

The thing is - I wonder... do actions speak louder than words? Because I love and I lust and I drool over a wide variety of bags... but when it comes to opening up my bank account and buying a bag... I've obviously been buying Bal!

hmm... although I wonder if I'll be like sea and end up Chanel obsessed.. sea - where are you????

Oh, God yes. I used to have a reasonably wide variety, and now it's just down to Balenciagas and my Alexander McQueen Novak. Bbags are light, easy to carry, roomy, beautiful and can easily be dressed up or down. They come in beautiful colours and don't scream designer, which appeals to me. I've never cared for LV or Gucci or Coach where the point is largely in the monogram. The only other bag I'd really love is a black Spy, and I'd probably rather just buy two Bbags. ;)

Cheshire-- Wholeheartedly agree with what you said. I do enjoy that Novak shape, though...

I'm glad someone shares these strong feelings for a bag brand/line as I do. I feel validated in my craziness :nuts:

Last night, as the hubby and I were getting ready for bed, I decided to try on my one and only-- anthracity in front of our full length mirror, fascinated with the way the light hit the leather at different angles.

"Did I start you down a path of baggy mania?" He half wondered to me and to himself.

He was the one who bought me my first bbag. Sigh. Less than one week later, I'm already thinking about other colors and styles.

I'm trying to be good and wait until at least the one week mark to get my second bbag...:shame:

I'm glad someone shares these strong feelings for a bag brand/line as I do. I feel validated in my craziness :nuts:

Last night, as the hubby and I were getting ready for bed, I decided to try on my one and only-- anthracity in front of our full length mirror, fascinated with the way the light hit the leather at different angles.

"Did I start you down a path of baggy mania?" He half wondered to me and to himself.

He was the one who bought me my first bbag. Sigh. Less than one week later, I'm already thinking about other colors and styles.

I'm trying to be good and wait until at least the one week mark to get my second bbag...:shame:

^^
I sense the beginning of a rapidly growing bbag collection! :graucho:

yeah, def.
my designer bags are mostly balenciaga. i only have a few of other designers.
adn recently when mostly my access are coming from LV, it's been invaded by bal access too. now i carry 3 bal access inside whatever bags i'm carrying.

I can relate to BBag obsession... already have 2 city, a purse, a twiggy and 2 firsts, just received a 3rd first tonight, plan on getting another purse shortly, and have eyes for either a work or a shopper. But it doesn't stop me from treasuring my LVs... merely from buying any more. I force myself to switch bags every few days so every bag gets some air time, or it's off to storage. Mine forever! I never sell.