Anyone seen this article?

1. This is the first I've seen this and all I can say is WOW!

2. Yep, this was posted in the Louis Vuiton sub-forums.

3. i saw it on the news when i was surfing through and didnt watch the story. i think its ugly.

4. Omg... read the comments, they're HORRIBLE :sad: :crybaby: .

5. Yes :smile: a lot of talk about this article. I do feel for her though losing all her precious handbags.

6. The comments are indeed very ugly. Perhaps we should make it a TPF objective to contact each of these people & see how many we can convert :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
    & by the way I am going to change my wishlist right now - top priority is going to be a Tesco plastic shopper :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Afterthought: I wonder how many of those mouthy people who left comments actually give to charity???? I am happy that I make my contribution to charity every year!!

7. I am actually really disgusted by some of these people's attitutes. Seriously, what a obnoxious way to target these women and their perfectly innocent fashion habits while there are people who spend as much on drugs :shrugs:. Everything seems like a stupid waste of money if you have no knowledge and appreciation for it. Someone can look at Jackson Pollock piece and say "why the hell does it cost 3million, it's jsut a piece of canvas with paint splashed on it randomly? It only cost 20$ to make! You people obviously have no brain cells to pay that much!" :cursing:

8. I think it does bring up some points that were discussed somewhat in another thread in the past week--did the prices of fashion purses inflate more than similar items?

Why did expensive purses become common or should I say why did common purses become so expensive?

Do we encourage each other here to overspend because of our shared passion?

9. What makes me angry are the comments- why should the women who buy NICE things they have to WORK FOR be made to feel guilty because there are "starving children in (insert country name)" ?? It's totally ridiculous !! Buying a $1000-2000 handbag does not rob some poor family of housing or food !! I really get tired of that sort of whining....... not trying to offend anyone, just giving my personal viewpoint.....

I don't think that LV is an especially ATTRACTIVE bag, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder- somewhere there are girls who LOVE that bag- and I respect that !!