Anyone scrapbook?

1. I'm making a scrapbook for my boyfriend for our 3yr anniversary in a couple of weeks. I have tons of pictures, plane and movie tickets, even soap from hotels we've stayed at.. but I have no idea where to start. Can I just go to a craft store? Are there any websites for dummies like me? Help!
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to scrapbook! Ive done both my babies scrapbooks...if u need help just PM me! :-]]

(I actually started a little while back and it's become an
  3. I started scrapbooking 11 years ago, but I'm not as avid as socalgrl86! I still have to finish the 3 albums that I started but haven't gotten to!

Go to for ideas! I buy all my scrapbooking stuff there. There are also scrapbooking magazines you can buy. Just pick up a couple for inspiration, or copy them like I do!
  4. I do! Not very well, though
  5. Me and my BF have 2 Scrapbooks and we LOVE working on them! If you need help all you really need to do is find a scrap booking store near you (not Michaels). But something that specializes in scrap booking... and the ladies who work there are usually very,very nice and helpful. They even have classes...some free and some that you have to pay for (not much like 15 bucks for supplies and what not). I have 2 that i go to and love. It's really tons of sure after you make this one for your anniversary it wont be the last you make! :yes:
  6. Where should I start? Just buy an album and glue stuff in there? Or should I make a first draft on a piece of paper? We've been to Disneyland a couple of times so I was going to use a bunch of those pictures for a page with some Disney stickers or something. Anyone have pictures of theirs?
  7. can theme your pages...or even do a timeline type of scrapbook.

I do suggest kind of laying out things to see what looks best to the eye...

As for the soaps, you can unwrap them and use the seal and include them on whichever page goes with it...

If you need any help, just PM, definitely more than willing to help..

I have made tons of scrapbooks, for my bestfriend showing our constantly different looks from high school until now...for my family, my nephews...etc.

Scrapbooking is soooooo much fun!!!
  8. I've been scrapbooking for years, and I made one for my boyfriend about two years ago. Make sure everything you put in there is acid free, otherwise it will ruin your photos after time. I usually first buy an album, paper in the colors/theme or design I want for the book, and start from there. Then I look at each picture and see if there is any type of embellishment I can put with it. I don't like stickers-just a personal preference. Most of the things I use are from the Making Memories line that can be found at your local craft store. They have a lot of metal but I find that their stuff goes well with the style of my scrapbooks. I like to age some pages also. You can make it as simple or complex as you want-that's one of the best parts of doing it. Hope that helps you out a bit!
  9. ooooh i'm a total scrapbooker too! i :heart: it! hehe ..

as for my tips ..
    i find the best thing to do is be really organized. i like to write out possible pages .. so for your bf's book .. like u said, you'll obviously have a disneyland page. maybe a page with all your movie stubs and that sort of theme [ like popcorn/ candy/ movies ] etc.

so i would write it all out like that, before u go to the store and buy paper and embellishments, that way u know what you're exactly looking for =]

then once u have everything, u can go from there. have fun and be creative! i do love to look at scrapbooking books or magazines .. they usually have really cute ideas for pages. [ i'll buy them at grocery store or even michaels, or whatever scrapbooking store u have in your town ]

any questions don't hesitate to pm me =]

have fun, and good luck!
  10. Thank you guys so much! I'm going to the store tomorrow. Ill post a pic when Im done! :biggrin:
  11. I adore scrapbooking and visual journals! I am ecclectic in my tastes from cutesy to edgy.

I love these sites for inspiration:

(Two Peas has a FABULOUS gallery to look for inspiration.)

There is also an art journal group on live journal with plenty of examples of visual pages made with ephemera and photos. There are specific books created for loved ones, some are really nifty.
  12. Good luck with your album! I have collected so much stuff but unforunately don't have a lot of time right now for all the projects on my list. Creative Memories site is good and has lots of supplies. Jolee's stickers are really cool. There are even scrapbooking mags you can by that give ideas of themes. It depends on how much time and money you have cuz getting supplies and papers can get expensive fast. If you want something simpler to start out with you can always buy a package that includes an album, papers, trims, and stickers. Or you can buy everything separately and just let it take you where it takes you. My DH bought me a Cricut machine a while back and I haven't even had the chance to really use that baby but it is so neat. Another helpful machine is an eyelet setter. Happy shopping and can't wait to see how things turn out. ;)
  13. I do! I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy it nonetheless!
  14. LOVE scrapbooking!

Right now I just have one for my femal Chi, Carmen, but am planning on making ones for SO, my horse and my other dog too!

Sooo fun!!
  15. Scrapbooked for the last 4 bridal showers I attended. Admittedly, I'm still not creative.

But I feel like there are a couple of main steps:
    1. Get your supplies (stickers, pens, stamps, special cutters/scissors) at a craft store or at Target.
    2. Gather pictures, tickets, whatever other memorabilia you want to include
    3. Organize as you like - chronologically, by theme,
    3. Paste/write away in the scrapbook!