Anyone read 'The Collection'?

1. It's a wonderful book that details the behind the scenes work of Chanel in the the early 1900's. This was the period in which 'Gabrielle' [not COCO yet] began her couture business on the Rue Cambon. The story centers around a young French girl who works as a seamstress in Chanels' salon. Part fiction, part historical fact.

What's remarkable is how Chanel started and grew to be such a force in fashion, overtaking the French fashion giants of the day with her simple, wearable styles. I learned so much and found myself appreciating her designs even more, [although her ethics and personality are very much in question].

Ofcourse, now I want to buy more Chanel. Big surprise there.:p
  2. No, I haven't read it, but I just put my name on the waiting list at my local public library. Thanks for the tip:tup:
  3. I'm going to pick this up... thanks for the rec!:heart:
  4. Sounds interesting. I'll def check it out!
  5. May I know who the author for this book is?? Thanks!
  6. Yes, I have Collections and Creations, if that's the one you mean.

It's a beautiful book with lots of pictures of Coco.

The author is Danièle Bott.
  7. thank you Beautylicious! hope i can find this book in Asia.
  8. Maybe you can try it on

This is the cover btw:

9. Here it is:
    See larger image Share your own customer images
    Publisher: learn how customers can search inside this book.

Chanel: Collections and Creations (Hardcover)
    by Daniele Bott (Author)
    No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

List Price:$40.00 Price:$26.40 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save:$13.60 (34%)

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Gift-wrap available.

Keep connected to what's happening in the world of books by signing up for Books Delivers, our monthly subscription e-mail newsletters. Discover new releases in your favorite categories, popular pre-orders and bestsellers, exclusive author interviews and podcasts, special sales, and more.
  10. Sorry that I didn't post author before. The name of the book I am talking about is 'The Collection', by Gioia Diliberto.

It's a current novel and I bought it at AMAZON. Hope that helps.:yes:
  11. Oh tks! Hope to be able to get my hands on it. Tks a lot for the info:tup:
  12. thanks for the tip! i actually ready about this book in a magazine a few weeks ago but for the life of me, couldn't remember the title!
  13. It actually sounds like a really intriguing book. I'll be picking it up soon.