Anyone own a Kooba bag?

I have two Kooba bags - right now I am completely in love with my Kooba Paige bag in Bourbon. It is the perfect size for me since I like semi-large bags and it holds alot. It's also a really nice color to wear with jeans, which I wear constantly.

I also love my Kooba Mia bag but I regret buying it in Toast because I have a small water mark on the bottom of the bag plus a small unknown stain underneath the outside flap. Thank goodness neither of these shows but I hate having these on a bag that I have only worn a half a dozen times (the stains showed up in the first 2 times I used the bag, I almost think this bag is cursed but luckily you would have to really search to find these marks). I wish I had gotten the Mia in the darker (saddle, I think) color.

I too wish that Kooba would tack down the lining of the bag. I don't mind the suede fabric (or whatever it is) since it is so ultra soft I wish I had sheets made of the same material, but it does tend to slide around inside the bags. The Mia (at least to me) is heavy before you put anything in it but I have gotten used to it. Peggy

The leather is TDF and smells heavenly!!!

it sure does smell good! although i was a bit bummed out how strong the leather smell once you unwrap the bag.. but then i got used to it, and love the smell! :upsidedown:

im eyeing the brynne in oak at karizma. and there's a 30% off coupon so it's pretty much a steal!

KoBrynOakJava.jpg

or maybe just the clutch?

KoobaClutchJava(1).jpg

:angel::love: :angel::love: :angel:

I just love that Mackenzie. I think I'm going to have to get one sooner or leter. I sold my Frankie in Teak because I wasn't thrilled with the color so I got my Frankie in Bourbon yesterday. Gorgeous bag. I love that heavy pebbling some of the Fall bags have. I should get my Jillian by months end. It's on a pre-order because it's not out yet. It's the little sister of the Ada.

I love the Kooba. In fact I first stumbled upon the Purse Forum after trying to do some research on the Sienna. I was shocked when I learned most of the Koobas on ebay are fake! :wtf:

At first I couldn't justify spending that much money on a purse and was quickly given a crash course on fakes when I broached the question on here. :lol: Now I know better! At first I tried to satisfy my Kooba craving with an "inspired by" Kooba from Lush, but I really didn't like the quality and it just made me want the real thing more:

About Attitude - Handbags - Lush - Compare to Kooba-Sienna Bag-Dark Brown<br>$59

Then my boyfriend bought me the Kooba Sienna in burnt orange for our anniversary, which I am completely in love with! I still have yet to use it since I'm scared of transfer - but I finally found a company that would ship Applegarde and it's waiting at the post office so I'm going to get that baby primed and ready for next week! :jammin:

Sienna - Kooba Official Store

I then decided to buy a Kooba Woven ADA tote which I bought on impulse since it was on sale at Active Endeavours:
Lexie is totally right though - it's ridiculously heavy! It is beautiful though and I got lots of compliments...the one time I used it. :graucho: I was about to say I'll never buy a purse sight unseen again, but I bought 5 online yesterday so I guess that's out the window. :shame:

Active Endeavors | Shopping --- Sale: Women

I also own a Kooba Claudia which I bought on ebay for $75 bucks:
It's completely authentic. I had it checked out. A great deal. You can find them if you really do your homework and are cautious. You might also need a little bit of luck. :upsidedown:

eBay: ATHENTIC KOOBA TAN CAMEL CLAUDIA BAG MUST SEE!! (item 120018136626 end time Aug-15-06 12:32:25 PDT)

The next Kooba I'm craving is the Sloane in bark or honey. Gorgeous!
But the purse I'm losing sleep over is the Jimmy Choo patent Ramona in Bordeaux!! :drool:

jadejett said:
I think Lexie meant the ADA woven tote - but I'm not sure. Lexie can you clarify? :yes:

I had the Ada...I sold the Ada. Lovely lovely bag but as I said before, it weighed 32 lbs empty...LOL

--

Kimmi - yeah you get used to the sienna's weight. but i don't think i would be able to carry any bag heavier than sienna (well that, including all my junk inside - which is almost full!), not unless it's on a sale. :lol: im loving the leather too!! sooo yummyy :shame:

The Ada is a gorgeous bag but not worth the pain. I had it in black. The Jillian I'll be getting will be Bourbon. I think it's going to be perfect. I also got my Bourbon Frankie. Ahhhh, beautiful. I tell ya, that is a very practical bag. I think it is overlooked. It has 3 compartments unlike most Koobas that have one large one. I also got a sneak preview and made my orders for the Spring Koobas. Some gorgeous bags coming out in gorgeous colors. I deleted accidentally my pic of the Jillian (It's exactly like the Ada but maybe 2/3 the size) but here's my Frankie.
View attachment 78354

I think the Woven one looks as heavy as the leather one. I'd venture to say it weighs more than the emaciated model carrying it.
You can find some good finds on Ebay. I got a 2005 brand new Kooba Brooklyn bag in brown. It's exactly like the Tatum but BIG. I think I paid 225. It is ultra cool. Very very squishy creased leather. Here's a pic of my Tatum in Rust.
View attachment 78355

The Ada is a gorgeous bag but not worth the pain. I had it in black.
View attachment 78354

There's definitely two versions. The black one doesn't come in this version - which is the woven tote. Here is the pic of the one that I bought which is super heavy! It's also back on sale at activeendeavors.com! It was sold out for a while but it's back on the website! Gorgeous bag but prepare for a workout if you decide to buy!

Active Endeavors | Shopping --- Sale: Women

Jade

Attachments

• kooba ada close up.jpg
    kooba ada close up.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 147