anyone own a bearn wallet? how does it hold up?

1. i am considering a bearn wallet but have a few hesitations...

1. can you fit a reasonable number of coins in the zippered coin area?

2. i hear that the flap that goes through the 'H' in the front gets worn out with the constant pulling and bending. how does yours look throughout the years?

3. would the compact bearn be a better size for a 28cm kelly?

i'd love to hear how your bearn has held up (especially with issue #2) over the years. i'd hate to spend close to $2000 on a wallet that looks messed up in a few years.

thanks so much!!!

2. 1. I'd say yes, but I don't normally like to keep more than half a fistful of coins in my wallet at a time anyway.
    2. I had my compact Bearn for almost a year when I noticed that mine got worn out, and I took it to my local H store for repair. It's still there, but I anticipate that it'll look fresh when I get it back (they're getting a new flap from France).
    3. I think so, but I'm biased toward smaller wallets anyway. I kept my compact Bearn in my 30 cm Birkins, and the size is fine.

3. I have a chevre Bearn
    1. yes
    2. I have a pre-owned Bearn wich looks fine.
    3. No idea

4. 1. can you fit a reasonable number of coins in the zippered coin area? I personally don't like to keep coins in my Bearn. I use a separate coin purse for coins and use the zippered part for dry cleaning tags, etc. I just don't like that the coins can make "dents" in the Bearn. Just one of my wallet pet peeves.

2. i hear that the flap that goes through the 'H' in the front gets worn out with the constant pulling and bending. how does yours look throughout the years? It does get a bit worn, I must admit, but nothing too bad.

3. would the compact bearn be a better size for a 28cm kelly? Marginally. It really won't make that much of a difference, IMO. It all really depends on how much you need to carry in your wallet. For evenings out, I usually use my card holder and in it, I carry 2 CC's and a couple of bills. That seems to be enough for evenings.

5. 1. can you fit a reasonable number of coins in the zippered coin area?
    Like AuthenticLux, I don't like to keep coins in there and I have a bearenia zippered coin pouch for my coinage. It also makes dents that can damage if the wallet happens to be squeezed against anything. I do not like bulging out of the sides, as it wears the leather.

2. i hear that the flap that goes through the 'H' in the front gets worn out with the constant pulling and bending. how does yours look throughout the years?
    The tab only gets "worn down" when it's slightly difficult to open at first. A previous Bearn I owned had this problem at the beginning and after a week or two of daily use, the tab became "secure" rather than "tight". Otherwise, the tab is perfect even after months of heavy use.

Do you keep a lot of things in your wallet? Otherwise, the regular Bearn might be slimmer and more able to slip into the bag.

6. I have to agree with AuthLux - I am not a fan of the DENTS from coins although I put them in there anyways, I just try to spend coins as much as possible to keep the amount of them in there low.

Wear - Well, first let me say my bearn is in Black BOX. So I have to confess it looked a bit mangled very quickly. I love my things looking perfect and new so i ended up putting the bearn back in the box and buying an AZAP long wallet in Swift (or epson, sometimes its harder for me to tell in smaller accessories) which is much better for me.

7. Love the bearn wallet...

It does wear over time...my first needed to be restitched in the interior after a couple years use...

Perfect for 28 cm Kelly...it fits in the back zipper pocket should you wish for additional security (I leave the straps flapping on my Kelly bags)...

8. thanks so much. i probably wouldn't like the coins to bulge and create dents in the leather. needs to be functional so i guess i'm not feeling the bearn. darn...i really love the design. hmmm, maybe i should consider the compact azap but maybe i'd have the same problem.

does anyone know if the compact azap fits a reasonable amount of coins?

9. 1.No, I think you have gotten the idea that they don't hold many coins, but if you try to stash a few extra in, they can all slide out when you are looking for exact change.

2. I got mine last Christmas and the edge is a bit fuzzy from pushing and pulling. It is either Epsom,or Swift?

3. I have the smaller one 17 years old circle u. Definitely epsom but the embossed leather is not as pronounced as the new one. Never had a problem with the edge pull wearing out, but I always used it sporatically. Personally I would buy something else.

I would like to have one wallet that can do it all. Last year I said I needed a larger wallet and I just bought what what they showed me. I didn't know better to ask whether they made other styles. Pre PF

10. I've had mine for about a year and a half. It is orange epsom, and it takes a beating inside my bags! I constantly (unintentionally) over stuff it, and while there is some wear on the corners (darkening), it has otherwise held up very well, - better than any other wallet I've owned (coach, LV epi). The zippered pocket holds quite a bit but I try to keep the amount of change down. The other pockets/slots are the ones giving me trouble...I always have way too many receipts and cards (that I've been trying to pawn off onto my mini-dogon). The flap hasn't worn out at all....the trouble is that with everything I have in it the wallet tends to flop open inside my purse. Otherwise once I clean it out it's fine and stays shut.

I would think that for a Kelly 28 the compact would be better.

11. 1. can you fit a reasonable number of coins in the zippered coin area?
    As many have mentioned, I prefer to put the bulk of my coins into the Le 24, but it will fit a reasonable amount of change--much more so than the vertical/pocket Azap wallet.

I've had mine (bifold regular size in Chevre Mysore) for about two years now and it looks fine. I am a bit particular though in how I slip my tab in through the slot--I've noticed that when I stick it in all the way on occasion the tab gets bent if something gets stuck between it and the wallet, so I usually just stick it in halfway through if that makes sense. I love this wallet because it has such a slim profile and tucks neatly into a Kelly or a Birkin. It's very well made; constructed out of several thin layers of leather. Once you own one, other wallets just have a hard time standing up to it.

It depends on which one. If it's the original one that doesn't have the snap coin purse doubled up on it then perhaps, esp. if you don't carry that much in your wallet. Otherwise my regular Bearn fits nicely into my 28s (retourne and sellier).

12. ITA with all this...
    I keep my bearn very streamlined....I use the Le 72 (buffle gala) for coins, and single bills. My bearn has the 5 CCs 20s and 50s (HA! those dont last long), and receipts. The 72 holds the rest. I love the sleek elegant feel of the bearn, and even though together the two items were pricey, I dont mind because I just love them so much. I love the feel of the Le 72, and the elegance of the bearn. If I could only keep two H accessories, I would keep those two because of that little zap of :heart:orange:heart: I get when I use them....

My bearn is box and it is holding up beautifully....

Good luck....

13. omg, thank you all for your detailed responses! it's so hard to know which wallet to get. i'm definitely a one wallet girl!!!

hmmm, based on orchid's answer that the compact/vertical/pocket azap doesn't hold as much change as the bearn, i guess i'll go with the bearn. i'll try to be careful pushing and pulling on the tab (and insert halfway just like orchids!) i don't carry much stuff in my wallet anyway. i'm glad to hear that it fits nicely in 28 retournes.

thanks so much!!!

14. I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN... I REMEMBER THE SA REASSURING ME THAT THE WALLET WOULD LAS FOR 2O+ YEARS AND TRUST ME, I WAS SO NERVOUS, ESPECIALLY WITH THE STICKER SHOCK (IT WAS MY FIRST H PURCHASE). SUFFICE IT TO SAY, THINGS HAVE GONE DOWNHILL SINCE! BUT IN A GOOD WAY.