Anyone Like Snakes?? *Pics*

I think snakes are ok, I just wouldn't want to be face-to-face with them. I remember when I was little, anytime there was a picture of a snake in a book, I would be too scared to touch it. Then, a couple of years later, I went to a museum and touched a snake and my fear disappeared...at least I think it did :lol: .

I love your babies!!! Always wanted a Green Tree Python or Boa...I used to breed snakes when I was younger...I will see what pics I can pull up of my snakes...they caught a respiratory infection and only a few of them made it...it was VERY sad.

These were my babies:

Emy...Dumerils Boa (my little girl too!)
Natas...Albino Burmese (this was my little boy!)
Nemessis....Albino Burmese
Pandora...Reticulated Python (love my little girl!)
Bill...Red Tail Boa
Stanley (still missing)....Red Tail Boa
Wren & Stimpy....Ball Pythons
Saratoga...11 Foot Burmese Python
Muscles I....Red Tail
Muscles II...Red Tail
Muscles III..Red Tail

When I got my horse...Emy went to live with the little boys that live next door to me...my American Bulldog would bark at her if she was moving around at night...it was a true NIGHTMARE!!!!

Attachments

• emy1.jpg
    emy1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 34
  • emy3.jpg
    emy3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 20
  • emy2.jpg
    emy2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 20
Irishgal said:
Love the snakes? When will the baby start getting his green color?

The baby is about 8 months old and should start changing anytime between 12-18 months old. Can't wait to start seeing the colour change...it's what makes these guys so incredibly fascinating!!

:smile:

I love herps of any kind and I adore your babies!:love: My DH is kinda freaked out by them and only got used to my turtles. I used to feed my turtles a wide range of foods tho to keep it varied. One of the things King Kong and Gamera got from time to time was frozen fuzzies or pinkies (depending on stock at the time) which I thawed out beforehand.

My DH loves snakes and he had them growing up, but I am afraid they will eat one of my cats and I am afraid of the snakes. So I told him, if he wants them he has to build a climate controlled shed outside of our house! Poor DH!

I've never really been a snake person - probably because growing up my brother would catch snakes in the yard and try to keep them as pets. They always got out of the cage and usually ended up in my room under the bed! Whenever they got loose that is the first place we would look......But that baby is so cute! Please post pics when the color starts changing :yes:

My, what cuddly little critters you have there! :amazed:
The green tree pythons look rather gentle actually. (Judging from the photos, correct me if I'm wrong.)
Fascinating pets!

:wtf: I could never live with snakes in my house, but they are interesting, like when I watch shows on them on Discovery...do you have people who are afraid to some over to your house? lol

My friends friend put a lizard on my lap once, then it darted up my stomach and chest...I screamed and needless to say I never went back there. lol Too scary. :rolleyes:

Japster said:
Their coloring is gorgeous--so vivid!

And on another note- $4000 for a snake???!!! Seriously?

Yep, and thats a cheaper ball python color morph. You can get some that go for over $30,000. One of these days the price on pie balds will come down....hopefully :nuts:

Heres one:

images