Anyone know where to buy dress forms?

1. I'm looking to buy a dress form so I can start making clothes, but I have no clue where to buy one (besides eBay). Does anyone else know?

2. Elli, do you mean patterns, such as vogue patterns?
    Vogue Patterns

that type of thing?
    :smile:

3. You can get one at a fabric store, custom made to your own measurements. My grandmother had one made from JoAnn Fabrics.

4. Ooh you can? Thanks manolo maven :smile: For how much, do you think?

And chloe-babe I meant like a mannequin thing, but I'm actually looking for patterns too so thank you!! :amuse:

5. I'm learning to sew now too! Joann.com has some on sale and they are also offering free shipping right now. You can also try eBay.

6. Does anyone know where I can find a used one? Like somewhere I can go and buy it, rather than have it shipped to me. I've heard maybe at tailor's, but I think I'd feel a bit weird just walking in and asking if they have any old dress forms they are selling. Around last spring I was at a yard sale a few blocks away from my house and they were selling one for five bucks. I didn't buy it and I regret it every day :sad: Maybe I should just go knocking on doors on that street (I think I know where it was) and ask if they ever sold it? That's a bit silly, isn't it?