Anyone know where to buy dress forms?

1. I'm looking to buy a dress form so I can start making clothes, but I have no clue where to buy one (besides eBay). Does anyone else know?
  2. Elli, do you mean patterns, such as vogue patterns?
    Vogue Patterns

that type of thing?
  3. You can get one at a fabric store, custom made to your own measurements. My grandmother had one made from JoAnn Fabrics.
  4. Ooh you can? Thanks manolo maven :smile: For how much, do you think?

And chloe-babe I meant like a mannequin thing, but I'm actually looking for patterns too so thank you!! :amuse:
  5. I'm learning to sew now too! has some on sale and they are also offering free shipping right now. You can also try eBay.
  6. Does anyone know where I can find a used one? Like somewhere I can go and buy it, rather than have it shipped to me. I've heard maybe at tailor's, but I think I'd feel a bit weird just walking in and asking if they have any old dress forms they are selling. Around last spring I was at a yard sale a few blocks away from my house and they were selling one for five bucks. I didn't buy it and I regret it every day :sad: Maybe I should just go knocking on doors on that street (I think I know where it was) and ask if they ever sold it? That's a bit silly, isn't it?