Anyone know when SAKS Friends & Family 20% off is?

from my own personal experience over last few years it all depends on the SA...some r very gracious about giving the discount when u just mention Freinds & Family...others want u to present the F/F "card/coupon"...
just move on to another SA or ask for the F/F coupon ~ if SA wishes to make a new customer they would be smart to give the discount! i've had very good luck w this...Saks even gives it on cosmetics which usually never go on sale...

FF coupon have 2 parts, one address to you w/SA's info, another blank one w/SA's info only. But most will honor the sale w/o the card.
Saks confirmed April, exact date TBA. guess it will be after the price increase :sad:

From past experience, when this event happens the store gets inundated with customers (the worst of course is the shoe and handbags depts). If memory serves me correct, for a few years (01-04) Saks offered 40%off everything in the store (inviation only and it was one evening event), then later years they lowered it to 20%off and started to exclude certain designers and extend the time of the event. I would not be surprised if this years event may be a little more competitive with the discounts given the state of the economy - I know they are not doing well... none of the luxury retailers are. So heads up! if you can stop by the store a week or so in advance to make your selections early and see if you can manage to get your SA to hold items for this event, usually one week to a couple of days in advance! Just tellin, don't expect to able to walk in, find great selections or be able to try a bunch of shoes at leisure, cause the stores will be busy!

^ yup, I usual 'pre sale' a week prior the event, it also gives SA time to locate out of stock item. WOW, 40% off!? wish they can match it this year, or at least include chanel handbag :angel:

Yes, as incredible as it sounds, it was 40% off, I bought so much in Gucci at the time. The fights over bags and shoes were just insane! I think the hours for the event ran limited to between 6PM to 9PM, one day only. Then about a week later or two, Saks usually starts their first cut. So if anyone misses out, then 'plan' on checking those out as well.

So will Saks give you a straight 20% off discount on bags or do they only give you a 20% of bag price gift card to use towards future purchases?

Are CHANEL bags/shoes/accessories indeed included across the board at Saks or does it depend on your SA?....

....Do you just have to mention F&F and then they'll honor the 20% off discount or will only certain SAs give the discount on CHANEL items?

Last time around...most high end designers were excluded!!!! I really hope they'll reconsider that policy with the economy and stuff!! I understand the whole LV thing, because its considered rented space but I would love to see Chanel be included!! I'd go crazy!!!

-U can do charge-send. Do not need to be invited...like someone else said - ask an SA, if they say you need that little card move onto another SA. I've never really had trouble getting the 20% without the card. If you know what you want you can always call an SA from another state and get ur stuff tax free!!!! I can recommend a great one from NY.

Love your dog. so cute. mine is 3 colors. Anyway.. the 20% have you tried on Chanel? can i get your SA info?

Thanks

-U can do charge-send. Do not need to be invited...like someone else said - ask an SA, if they say you need that little card move onto another SA. I've never really had trouble getting the 20% without the card. If you know what you want you can always call an SA from another state and get ur stuff tax free!!!! I can recommend a great one from NY.