Anyone know someone who can validate fake Chanel?

This happened to me over the summer. I bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses a year ago and gave it to my friend as a present. Well, when the screws fell off, Nordstrom gave her the number to Luxottica (????) to call. They are the ones who apparently fixes these things. They told her to send it in and they will fix it. Well, she got a letter back along with her sunglasses that they were fake Chanels and that they were not going to fix it! Can you imagine how shocked and embarrassed I was? After all this time, I had thought that I bought them from a reputable seller. So back to the OP's question, I think if you send it to the Luxottica group (or whatever they are called) they can at least provide you with a letter. The only problem is that it will take a couple of weeks to hear back from them. I'm not sure how long you have to file a claim with Paypal.

^Yeah, Luxottica Group is who owns many brands of designer sunglasses including Chanel, Burberry, Versace and more.
When my mom took hers back to Nordie's to have them fixed, they told her to take them to another store in the mall that carries the sunglasses also (similar to Sunglass Hut, I forget the name). They were the ones who fixed them.
I'd suggest asking CarolDiva or MyPoupette also, if they can't do it, then try calling Luxottica.

Really, we need to email Paypal about this again and again. Even the VERO aboutme member pages state that they will not provide letters of authentication. The Paypal investigation is also a joke. There are many sellers out there who get caught several times with fake items, with a history of bad feedback from different buyers to back that and yet they will deny a refund to people. Personally, I feel that the money should just be refunded. period. especially when ebay/Paypal offer "buyer protection" which I believe is bad advertisement, as it clearly isn't working for this situation. I know some sellers would not like a refund policy so across the board, but in the end I believe if you have nothing to worry about regarding authenticity, then you got nothing to lose either.

ITA! Had PayPal ever tried getting this kind of letter themselves, they would realize the chances of getting one are slim to none. I went with my friend to Burberry once to authenticate a scarf that she bought on ebay. It turned out to be real, but the SA said he couldn't comment on it either way. So instead we asked him to wink if it was real LOL.

I also agree on the point you made about sellers who keep selling fake items, get bad feedback, and are STILL selling fakes! I report every fake I see (most of them are multiple listings by the same seller), and none of them are ever taken down- even the blatently obvious fakes. Then you hear about good sellers whose authentic items get pulled for no reason. It's absolutely absurd.

I had this happen with an item, not accessories, it was with Franciscan China. I had to have the letter and I contacted a woman who is the Ebay expert in Franciscan China ware. I sent it to PayPal, took just up to the amount of time they gave me, and they denied that she was an authority. Funny, too, because I have dealt with Franciscan ware for years, and am somewhat an authority. I knew as soon as I recieved it that it was bad, but I contacted the guru of Franciscan and they wouldn't except her. I called them then and PayPal said it had to be someone who sells Franciscan only. UH,,,, Franciscan China was made from the 1940's and closed in the late 80's. There is no Franciscan stores anymore. Oh well, you know where that went. I lost and the seller got away with it, plus I had to pay for the expert and got no where. Good luck. It is best to have exact pictures of the items on the listings and if what you recieve is not the picture than you have a leg to stand on. I also had a Coach seller sell me a fake. I won that finally, because another buyer got a fake, she sent it into Coach in NewYork, they kept the bag and sent the letter directly to Ebay and PayPal. The gal got all her money back immediately, and so did I. Otherwise it is just about nil with PayPal. I usually only buy things that have numerous pics or at least ones that are in focus.