Anyone into penpalling?

My dad was really into penpals. He wrote to people all over the world for years. He then met my mom who was living in the Philippines. They wrote to each other for about 3 years and then my dad came and visited. He visited again 2 years later and brought her home with him... & they've been happily married ever since! :P

I'm not into writing letters myself, but I do enjoy talking to people online. I just find it interesting to talk to someone who lives in a totally different area :smile:

I have had a penpal for 19 years :yes:...it's a wonderful story. She's from Germany and someone handed me her address in a pen-pal club when I was in 9th grade. We wrote to each other at least once a month and kept it up all through my time at college and then hers. I lost touch with her for about 3 years, but then checked her parents' phone number in the German directory online and talked to her mom who gave me news of her.

My friend had married and moved to the US, and now we are in the same country, though in different states. We started emailing ,and we exchange photos and talk to each other on the phone about once a month.

I haven't met her IRL still....:smile: isn't it weird?

Wow!! It sounds like a fable coming from other, more romantic!, times! It was a pleasure to read it, thank you so much for sharing!!! :smile:

Wow!! It sounds like a fable coming from other, more romantic!, times! It was a pleasure to read it, thank you so much for sharing!!! :smile:

We've shared so much of our lives with each other. When I was unhappily married somehow it seemed easier to write to her and tell her these things, and when she was having problems with dating a much, much older man she wrote to me and told me about it before many of her other friends knew, and the list is endless. Over the years she's turned into a very, very good friend whos correspondence I look forward to much the same way as I first did when I was an awkward 9th grader eagerly awaiting a letter from a foreign country for the first time :smile:

I used to have many great penpals when younger!! It's such a lost art, that of writing letters. Peeking at your letterbox everyday waiting for a letter.. what a great feeling! We should soo start a TPF penpal thing.

I love to write letters as well as receive them. I have two penpals of sorts -- we keep shared journals. Writing in them and mailing them back and forth.

When I was in high school, I had two penpals, a boy in Nigeria who sent me wonderful little handmade leather purses, beaded to high heaven, and a girl in Turkey, who sent me little hand of Fatima and Bismillah charms and a beautiful prayer rug.

We all finished our various high schools, and college sort of faded our penpalhood away, but I still think of them today, and wonder where they are, what they are doing, what blog they are posting to... :smile:

Now that I am here, I feel like you are all my penpals!

Never heard of Zara what is that? Im from the US and just moved here. I love to go to all the shops in Venice. Always spend too much money when I go !

Yes, like the other told you Zara is a cloths shop. The one in Venice is the only one of the North East of Italy! Zara is something quite new here, so there are few stores. You can see their stuff on www.zara.com
I am often in the need of jackets for my work and there I can find good quality at a good price, I think it's really better than Benetton!