Anyone in the Chicago area??

1. We recently learned that a very close friend of ours has been diagnosed with breast cancer (she is 35). I am trying to coordinate several meals for her family while she is going through chemo. Unfortunately I am in Atlanta and they are in the Chicago area. Can anyone recommend any good take out places in their area. They live in Arlington Heights. I know nothing about the area so hopefully some here do.

I am thinking three meals. I was kind of hoping for something a step up from pizza. Also does anyone know of one of those meal delivery services? Thanks for you help.

P.S. Do you breast self exam!!!

2. Pdonna, I don't have any suggestions, but that is really kind of you! Best wishes to your friend.

3. I'm sorry...I live about 2 hours away. That is very very kind of you!
    P.S. I think chigirl lives in chicago...maybe she'll have a suggestion.

4. I normally cook, which I love to do, but I can't figure out how to mail my pot roast! This is really heartbreaking for us. Our husband's were in the Navy together and those bonds are very close. No matter where we all end up we always stay connected.

She is being a real trooper but recently shaved her head and everything. In a show of solidarity look what our kids did...

Boys with buzz cut.jpg
  5. OMG! That is the sweetest thing in the world! Your friend is blessed to have such loving kids and friends like you. I wish I had some suggestions though for you. maybe www.citysearch.com would be a good resource - I always use that to research restaurants before I go to different cities.

My mom had breast cancer so I know how hard it can be for friends and family as well. I wish your friend a very speedy recovery.

6. I am sorry to hear about your friend.

Let me think and I will try and get back to you. I sort of know the area. btw, I used to live in the ATL.

Maybe try and send a pm to Bella Blonde too. I think she works out that way.

7. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

I live in Chicago and I know there is one of those meal preparation places in Arlington Heights which is all organic and very good from what I hear. They might even offer delivery.

http://www.mindfulmealskitchen.com/index.cfm

8. I found something, which may help.

Go to this link:
    http://www.takeouttaxichicago.com/

and look under Schaumburg for a list of restaurants. I called and they said they have limited delivery in Arlington Heights but I can recommend a couple places and you can check. Give me a minute.

9. They are chains but you can try Big Bowl, Maggianos, Portillos (for hot dogs for the kids), Shaws, Stir Crazy and Wildfire. Gaylord Indian is good if she likes Indian.

I know you said no pizza but Gino's East is really good. They probably have their own delivery.

10. I've heard great things about:
    Sea Ranch Sushi & Grill on Golf Rd.

Also, Toma-Rosa Pizza & Pasta on Grove St.
    Both are in Arlington Heights.

11. Me love Sea Ranch. I go to the one in Wilmette at least once a week. Don't know if they deliver.

12. Agree with all of these. Wildfire has really delicious chicken. Sitr Crazy has great variety.