Anyone here ever done their own hair extensions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am thinking about doing my own, it looks pretty easy :confused1:

2. Does buying those big braids of basic black hair at the dollar store and sticking them on with claws and things for Festive and Comical Weapons Grade Architectural Hair Structures count? I mean if your regular everyday hair is black too?

3. :roflmfao: Shimma!!! Anyway...I think extensions are better off let to professionals. Did you see Brit at the VMAs??? She fired her hairdresser right before the show and did hers herself. 'nuff said!

4. mi cousin (17 yo) did my other cousin's hair extension and they came out pretty good. she sais it was very easy

5. don't do it...i have seen girls with it and they swear they look cute but it just looked horriable

6. I wouldn't recommend DIY extensions-- you could do a lot of damage.

I had a terrible haircut awhile back and I bought the extentions that clip in. There were 4 pieces total; the color was nice and they blended perfectly. I didn't end up using them often, but it was nice to have them and they weren't that expensive.

7. :roflmfao: you gals are funny.
    I don't know I purchased and watched a step by step dvd and it really does look pretty simple. It seems the key is to make sure the sections of hair arent too big and be sure the bonds are properly closed. If I do decide to do it I'll be sure to post some pics.
    Hubba~ Now i'll be searching for pics of Britney since I didn't see the VMA's

8. i've done them myself- only after years of watching my stylist do them :smile: it wasn't too bad

9. Check out you tube and expertvilliage.com. There are lots are tutorials out there.

10. Just clip-ins back in highschool and only a few strands.

11. i sewed the clips on my hair extensions so that i can put them in or out whenever i feel...so easy to do but gives major volume and drama to my already shoulder length hairdo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.