Anyone here a paralegal?

1. Hello, all! I was hoping that some of you could offer me some words of wisdom...I am 22 years old. I have my bachelor's degree and am currently getting my paralegal certification.

However, I know that this can be a competitive field to start out in, so do you have any tips/advice? ANYTHING would be appreciated:yes:
  2. Was not a paralegal but a legal assistant, one thing I did notice with paralegals, they, of course, were the crux of the law firms, and the ones that specialized in one phase of law, say, Real Estate, Maritime, criminal, etc., were the ones that were the most sought other words, find a niche and specialize in know, Maritime/admiralty law is such a great field!!!
  3. Cool! Thanks for the advice:yes:
  4. I was looking into Paralegal certification also. However, I have a Louis Vuitton habit to support so how is the pay??
  5. The pay can vary widely depending on your education, experience, etc. I expect to make ap. $32,000 after taxes my first year of being a paralegal. I have my bachelor's degree, was on the dean's list at my university and am currently in the process of getting my paralegal certification.

I think that after you work for awhile, you can make $60,000 and up. I know of one lady who is making $100,000 plus. Good luck!:smile:

PS--if you do go to a paralegal program, MAKE SURE that it is certified by the American Bar Association (ABA). Most law firms hold that certification highly:graucho: