Anyone have the chicken pox as an adult?

1. I'm on day 4. :cursing: The first two days I didn't know it was the pox, and I didn't actually start itching until last night. It's driving me crazy!! I've been trying really hard not to scratch and have taken 3 aveeno oatmeal baths. I've also been putting some aveeno menthol cream on and taking benadryl too, but I'm still going insane!!

Any tips to get my mind off the itching? :sweatdrop:
  2. I had it at 26 and it was a realy bad case, real bad. I had pox evrywhere I had skin.

I soaked in the a oatmeal paste and that seemed to help. I think aveeno made it as well.

I think it helped that I was getting married in 6 months so I was terrified of scars so I didn't scratch. I ended up only with a few scars.

How is your fever?
  3. I vote for the oatmeal bath too, anything to help sooth the itch, plus keeping the moisture on you will help prevent scarring. I'm so so sorry you're stuck with this!
  4. I only had a fever yesterday and it was pretty low. My doc called in some combo of anxiety meds/antihistamine and I'm feeling a bit better, haha. I tend to get really anxious with medical junk.
  5. I really hope you feel better soon. I don't remember having the chicken pox as a kid, but I didn't contract it when my brother had a really bad case, so I must have had a mild enough case beforehand that gave me immunity.