Anyone have DDR??

1. OK... I just bought DDR for the XBOX 360 last week... and then I had to have gallbladder removed.. so I have been unable to use the DDR.
    Does anyone have it.. and does it give you a good cardio workout??
    I need to do something for cardio when I am able to move around again!
    Thanks for your help!

2. My daughter has this game and just plays it for hours!! It truly looks like a fantastic workout and have also heard that the new Wii is getting rave reviews by health enthusiasts for it's value of getting kids up and moving! I think I'll get my daughter one of those, too......even though she is a very active kid and is a competative gymnast plus a competative softball player. I think it's all good!!!

So, yes.......hope you're feeling better (My mom had that surgery a few years ago, too and it will get your well on your way to feeling tip top!) and be careful not to jump on DDR too soon but when your Dr. gives you the OK.....GO FOR IT!

3. It's really good excercize, but make sure you secure anything that could topple over. When I play it makes the whole floor shake because the building I live in is old.

4. I almost forgot that I have DDR--I got it a couple years ago, and when I was playing it, I do recall building up a decent sweat if I did the harder ones. Like anything, you have to push yourself. The easy beginner ones are too slow. As you get better, the more challenging ones move quite fast, and if you're jumping around like that for long enough, it can get your heart-rate up. I don't think it will ever as calorie burning or toning as a good run, but it's certainly better than nothing, and much more fun! Even more fun if you have a buddy to have a friendly challenge! I think I'll pull my DDR out of the closet . . .

5. I have been wanting to try it for a long time, but when I was 360 pounds, I was scared that I would break the dance pad! I should really try it.

6. Can you buy DDR without having XBOX 360 or something? Because I'd like to get DDR, but wouldn't want one of the game systems.

TIA! :biggrin:

7. It's on the PS2.