Anyone have an Ipod Touch yet??

i finally picked up my replacement 16GB touch. and i am in LOVE with the update, which finally allows adding calendar events without sync. i'm also getting better with the typing on it too lol.

What's the difference between and Itouch and Iphone?

I have a 16gb touch, and the best explanation I've heard is that it's like a neutered iPhone. You can't make calls or take pictures with it, but you can do everything that you don't need a phone/data plan or a camera to accomplish - you can access the internet through any WiFi connection (so there's no data plan fee), listen to music, watch movies or tv shows, and it also has a calendar and calculator. i think they're opening it up to install independent apps on it after the first of the year, and if you're in a wifi area, you can already access web apps for it through apple.

I have an 8g and love it. BTW, nobody can tell you this at the apple store (they are horribly trained with the itouch IMO), but when you sync it with itunes, there is an update (I think it is 1.2. something) and it will fix the calendar thing. Now, you can add events right to the itouch itself. This was a big concern for me but I bought it regardless, thinking they'd add a patch online. It is already online - the apple people have no clue, both in store and over the phone. So, it is totally fixed..just need to update.

i was wondering if anyone had problems playing songs on their itouch. for some odd reason certain songs on my itouch won't play. it'll show the album cover but its like its stopped.

I just got a Touch for Christmas! I really love it. I would have gotten the iPhone but I am not going to switch from T-Mobile just to use the iPhone. I love the Touch. I am busily adding all my contacts and soon I will put in all my iTunes info. I can't wait to get more use out of it!

^ I got one for Christmas as well! :yahoo: My boyfriend was very good to me. The Touch is awesome, I love mine and am having a blast with it. I only had a cheapie mp3 player before, so it's actually my first iPod, too. I love that I can use it for the internet, it makes my life so much easier! We only have crap for cell phone companies around here, so no option of having an iPhone.

I was going to get it, but then I changed my mind. I don't want to have to take it out every single time I change a song. Since I live where it's cold half the year, it's quite inconvenient to not be able to control the thing by simply feeling it in my pocket.

I have a Touch too and love it. I also use a MacBook Pro so I was easily able to sync my contacts and calendar onto my Touch, which I LOVED :yes: Also, I just went out of town and like an idiot forgot my computer... but I did have my Touch and it saved me! I was able to check email, tPF, etc. with no problem :tup:

I got mine almost a week ago and I love it so much! I got the 16GB and it set me back $600 in an undisclosed Scandinavian country, but so far, it seems to have been worth it - I love it.

I`ve already started filling it up with music (less than 2GB so far since most of my music is on my other computer which is not here) and movies! I keep downloading these documentaries from video.google, so I have hours of documentaries to keep me entertained on the train/bus now :biggrin: ...If this keeps up, I think I need to get an 160GB classic too :shame:

i got one for christmas also and i love it!! had no problem with wifi access at my parent's house (was there for a week over christmas) but now that i'm home apparently none of my neighbors have wireless internet :sad: guess i might have to invest in a wireless router if i want to use my touch at home.

I got it back in sept when it first came out but then returned it and just got a classic 80gb. I plan on getting the iphone in July when my current contract w/sprint expires. I'm so excited! I can't wait!! Hopefully by then, they will have made them in w/bigger memories.