Anyone have a picture of old and new epi red 2gether?

i personally prefer the old red because it is darker, the deeper (sulci) bits do have that greyish tinge and the higher points (gyri) are lighter. while the new one has more orange in it. i'll try to take a photo of these two in different lights and angles when i get home ;)

ITA! :yes:

it's funny, i took my old red epi pochette to repair today and my SA put it next to the new red to compare. the old red is simply TDF, extremely rich in color and depth. it also has the black glazed edges whereas the new one was just red. not sure if this is on all the styles but on the pochette it was.

ultimately, it's your personal preference and you choose what's best for you. as deluxeduck said, the new one has more orange tones in it.

good luck! :biggrin:

Yes, I know, the exchange sounds rather crazy :mad:, and only true purse addicts would understand ... but at least I made a small profit out of it ... and I never once regretted it as I so love my new old bag!

I'll check the date code for you later today when I'm home.

Here are the pics, the old red is on the left. The color difference doesn't really show due to the poor quality pics, but believe me, the new one is brighter and orangey. I think you can tell the deeper structure of the old red. And the size is absolutely identical.

Attachments

• 505344.jpg
    505344.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 505346.jpg
    505346.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 222
Speedyqueen, thank you sooooooooooo much for the pics! I really appreciate them very much! It was very kind of you to go the trouble for me. I hope I get one as gorgeous as yours! I have only seen one red speedy w/ silver hardware on ebay and that was about 2 mos. ago, can't recall if it was a 25 or 30, but I'm thinking it was a 25. I'm glad you did well on the resale of yours. You have definitely helped me in my decision to get the old red. I really appreciate it as it's something I've been in conflict about for months now. Thank you!

Irissy, thank you for your input as well, I am going to get the old red when the time comes. I sure would like to go into vuitton to look at the new red to see what you all are talking about w/ regards the orange undertones, I am so curious to see in person how it appears.

I just purchased the new red speedy 25 from LV store, it seemed extremely bright in color. May I ask is the difference between old LV and new LV the color of the hardware? I noticed a couple of speedies had gold hardware whilst mine had silver hardware~~~

Hi! I'm a new member of this forum. I am really confused about epi 30 black. i bought a discontinued epi speedy 30 and brought it to northbrook court mall to have them check if it's real. i got mine from ebay. mine has LV print both sides and they're claiming that epi speedy 30 only has LV print on one side. the only change over time is the metal (now silver). the new epi has different pockets inside while mine has only one open inside pocket. they said V should not be touching the L.... but when i checked their website (USA) tophandles #13...the V is touching the L... i am so confused. the new ones they showed me the V's don't touch Ls. pls if you have any knowledge of this... i would appreciate it. that';s the only item i bought from ebay from the same seller from japan that they claimed fake. the purse feels very real and actually my favorite.

Hi! I'm a new member of this forum. I am really confused about epi 30 black. i bought a discontinued epi speedy 30 and brought it to northbrook court mall to have them check if it's real. i got mine from ebay. mine has LV print both sides and they're claiming that epi speedy 30 only has LV print on one side. the only change over time is the metal (now silver). the new epi has different pockets inside while mine has only one open inside pocket. they said V should not be touching the L.... but when i checked their website (USA) tophandles #13...the V is touching the L... i am so confused. the new ones they showed me the V's don't touch Ls. pls if you have any knowledge of this... i would appreciate it. that';s the only item i bought from ebay from the same seller from japan that they claimed fake. the purse feels very real and actually my favorite.

I would post pics on the "Authenticate this" thread. There are differences in the old and new epi speedy styles, but I would get the fantastic ladies who authenticate to check it out. READ THE RULES first so you know which pics to post.