Anyone have a LV Boulogne?

1. I've been thinking of the Boulogne lately. Is it an "old" bag, meaning, is it a classy bag or does it look dated? I'm in my 40s and looking for something not too trendy but I also don't want to look outdated. The one thing I like most about it is the single shoulder strap, hobo style. Are there other LVs similar to this design?

pic from eLuxury.com

p10260703_ph_hero.jpg
  2. I have a multicolor boulogne and I think it looks great! Not dated at all, and you dont usually see the boulogne alot. I also love the single shoulder strap.

3. I don't like it that much because the part where the handles and canvas meet (the triangular leather part) looks kinda awkward to me...but if you like it, then go for it:biggrin:

4. I saw the Boulogne for the first time on someone this past weekend and it just caught my attention. The patina had gotten to the point of deep brown/rust so it was striking to me.

Of course, I am now obsessing...

5. I see what you mean... the triangular parts are very "different" looking.

6. actually, LV croissant GM is a hobo, you can consider it. i have the boulogne 35, which is discontinued and to me it is a great looking bag. i shorten the straps which is like a hobo to me.

7. I had a Boulogne but sold it. I absolutely love the shape of it and the style -- to me, it's a timeless classic. I loved the one strap, too. It was easy to get in and out of.

The one thing I did not like was the narrowness of it. I bought it because on another forum, I heard ladies say again and again it was their favorite bag because it held everything. I must have too much stuff though because I had to eliminate items whenever I carried it -- mainly my cosmetic case. I have to have "rummaging room" and didn't have it with this bag.

Also, the zipper on the top is kind of strange -- I think the canvas pieces that go on the top and hold the zipper are reinforced and when you zip it, it can kind of pucker. Drove me crazy! So I rarely closed the zipper.

I don't mean to discourage anybody from the bag -- it would've been perfect if only I didn't carry around so much junk! :p

8. oh! too bad the Croissant GM and Boulogne35 are discontinued... I will have to be diligent searching for those, I like big bags.

Need to consider the narrowness of the Boulogne... I probably would be willing to leave out bulky stuff like zippered cases, etc.

Thanks for the replies!!! Lots to think about.

9. I prefer the Multicolor. If I was going Mono I would use the Piano.