Anyone going to San Marcos this weekend? (long)

1. We had talked about it on here last week but then found out about the new Bleeker stuff being put out Wed. With all of the run-around with my Heritage tote and a pretty stressful week I never even called to see what was there. I was talking to DH today and he said if I wanted to go I could but he didn't seem overly thrilled with me going. I hope you don't mind but because I don't have any IRL friends here since we moved I don't have anyone to talk to. Tomorrow is the 6-year anniversary of my dad's sudden death (he lived with us for the last 6 years of his life). I feel like I didn't help to take good enough care of him even though he was an adult but he lived with us, KWIM? And this is the first time that the anniversary is on the same day of the week. And we lived in an apt at the time. And I had a 3 yr old at the time also (although that one is now 9). OK, I sound like I am ranting and I am a bit I guess. I still wake up in a cold sweat about it some nights. So I'm trying to decide if I should just spend family time (with DH watching football likely) or get out of the apt. Has anyone been there this week? Anyone planning on going this weekend either tomorrow or Sunday? PM me if you want. Thanks. And don't mind me if I seem a bit off this weekend. I am under a lot of stress and grief now too.

2. Tanukiki, I am sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a parent and I send you hugs and kisses aplenty. Next month, I'll be commemorating the tenth yr anniversary of my mom's death. If staying at home will make you even sad, get out of the apt to clear your mind. I am sure your dad knew how much you loved him.

3. I'm sorry your feeling so bad, I know what it is like to lose your father suddenly. You should probably get out of the house for awhile this weekend, it will probably make you feel better.

That said, I went to the San Marcos outlet today, but it was a quick trip since my sister couldn't watch my kids very long today. I saw a citron Leigh, some pond and natural legacy satchels, embossed Hamptons purses, a python Chelsea satchel. They had some of those cruise totes that were white and blue with the scarf on them. I can't remember what they were called. Just lots of stuff. I came home with a black leather Mandy courier.

4. My condolences to the loss of your father. I know what it's like to have a parent suddenly pass away.

It sounds, however, like you may still be haunted by a few demons. It's clear that you truly loved your father and did what you could. Please don't continue to blame yourself for whatever happened back then. The grief is a necessary process, but the guilt can and will be damaging.

Grieve if you must, but let the guilt go. You are a lovely person with so much more love to share (something that you won't be able to, if you hang on to those dark feelings).

Trying to take care of both a declining parent and a three year old (one of a child's most difficult years) is exhausting! Six years ago, you had a lot of stressful demands to meet.

If it will make you feel better to get away, that may be the best way to spend the weekend. However you decide to spend it, I hope you can bring closure those issues concerning your father soon. Don't give yourself too much credit for his ultimate demise. It wasn't your fault.

5. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. :sad:

I'm thinking about heading to Round Rock on MLK day as our office is closed....

6. Thanks Voodoo (I was going to call you 'doo but I thought that didn't sound good). LOL Our office isn't and I'd think about taking the day off but I am probably going to go back east to interview for a really great job sometime in the next couple of weeks and I barely have any time off built up at this current job due to their crappy no vacation for the first year rule :yucky:

7. Do you remember by any chance if they had any Legacy slim flaps, Alis, hippies or large bleeker flaps?

8. You can call me 'Deux and that doesn't sound so bad hahahaha and I have been calling you 'Kiki' in other threads haha

No vacay your 1st year!? Whatever on that.

If I do head to Round Rock I'll let ya know.

9. I know. I like Kiki. It's cute. Yep. No vacation for the first year. Didn't sound so bad until I started and saw what the job was going to be like. And I didn't even accrue any personal time for the first 90 days. *sigh* Won't do that again :nogood:. Thanks.

10. Nope, don't remember seeing any there, but there might have been. I didn't take a lot of time to look around, and since I wasn't looking for those styles, I wouldn't have really noticed them. I was on the lookout for Carlys and satchels.

11. Thanks for answering. I think I will take my fluffy self to Weight Watchers tomorrow, pick up my Madison eBay buy from the apt office, and then spend time with the boys. I did really well on WW a couple of years ago but then life went to heck. I might go to SM on Sunday but I'll call them tomorrow first to see if anything good is there.

12. Juniormnt,

Can you tell me which embossed hamptons they had? Large/small/what colors? How many? I've been looking ofr a white/saddle large one, and would love to know. Thanks!

13. It was like a large burgundy embossed carryall. Last week they had the hobos, but I didn't see any today. Oh, they also had a black signature legacy satchel.

14. Tanukiki....I'm nowhere near SM, but just wanted to send good vibes your way and let you know I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time. It's completely understandable. Just keep in mind that you can't be everything to everyone. That's just unrealistic and while hindsight makes things appear differently, I'm sure you did the best you possibly could at the time.

On another note, I think WW is a great plan. I recently lost 25 lbs on WW and feel great! It's amazing how much it did for my attitude and energy level. Feel free to PM me if you want any tips or anything. Oddly enough, one of my WW staples was deep dish Chicago pizza. I couldn't live without and found ways to fit it in! :wlae:

15. Tanukiki, I'm so sorry for your loss and I agree with whomever said that if it will make you sadder to be at home, then you should definitely go do something fun. And I don't know about you, but watching football with DH definitely doesn't sound like fun. Unless it's the college BCS championship game on Monday, and in that case "GO BUCKS!" I also have a 3 year old and man is he a handful!!