Anyone from Chicago, Dallas, or Houston?

1. Hey everyone! So I am about to graduate college. I am getting my master's of accountancy next year and I am actually interviewing right now for a job in 2009. Anyway, I have a lot of options since accounting firms have offices everywhere! I have always to launch my career in a big city and I have narrowed it down to 3 places. Yup, you guess it from my title! Chicago, Dallas, and Houston!

Do any of you live in any of those places? Although I have been to all of those cities, I have never lived in any of them and would love to hear natives' thoughts. I am interested in everything from the weather, culture, people, what you like/don't like about it. Just tell me everything!!

Thanks so much in advance. You guys have been so great with everything :yes:!

2. I'm from Dallas...
    -Weather wise: Changes alot..everyday is different. For example in the past 48 hours it went from being in the 80s to now 40s...and getting colder. HOT summers.
    -Diverse people.
    -Great shopping.
    -Great resturants.
    -Dallas Cowboys. ;)
    -Bad traffic..

That's all I can think of at the moment.

3. I'm originally from Houston--almost the same as Sweetpea83 described Dallas to a tee--minus the Cowboys. lol

4. I'm from Houston and my parents are still there. Lots of things to do and places to go. I have always found the people to be very friendly and its close to Galveston which is always fun. Good luck to you!!

5. I lived in Houston for about 10 years and have lived in Dallas for the past 8 yrs.

I prefer Dallas over Houston personally, I like the culture and the city layout and location better.
    Houston is very humid as it's only about 40 minutes from the gulf coast, we got a lot of rain living there. The winter months are mild because of being coastal and summer months aren't insanely hot, but are insanely muggy. You get some sever tropical storms living there.

In Dallas there's more of a 4 season weather pattern, but spring and fall are painfully short. You almost go from too hot to too cold. Summers are very hot here, 100+ degrees is very common for a good portion of the summer, but it's not super humid. There's some hardcore traffic in Dallas too.
    We get a little snow and ice most winters, winters are cold but it's not for long. It was 70-80 here this week, but as usual in Dallas the temp dropped 30 degrees in a matter of about 2 hours tonight! It'll be cold tomorrow!
    Summer clothes yesterday and today, Uggs and peacoats tomorrow!
    I like the city of Dallas more than Houston for some reason. . . it feels cleaner or something:shrugs: I also like that it's more central in the state and has a fraternal twin sister - Ft.Worth, also DFW airport is GINORMOUS and awesome if you travel.
    Again, traffic is hardcore.
    DH went to UT in Austin so we visit there alot.
    Ahhhhhhhhh, Austin:love:
    The weather is best in Austin. Not as hot as Dallas in the summer and not as humid as Houston.
    Not as cold as Dallas in the winter, but still a little more wintry than Houston.
    Austin BY FAR is the most beautiful city of the 3.
    Also, bad traffic:sad:

6. Like Swanky, I've lived in Houston (although that was 10 years ago) and I've lived outside of Dallas for the past 7 months. I agree with everything she said :yes:

7. when I say cold here, I mean 40's:yes We may get a few random 32 degree days but they're not for long or too often.

8. ^I know right..my SO makes fun me saying it's cold out...he's from Montana and the winters here are like spring for him.

Also, like to mention if you have really bad allergies then Dallas isn't a great place for them..weather here changes alot!!

9. LOL! Dh makes fun of me for saying it's FREEZING on 40 degree days!

I agree about the allergies, I'm on allergy meds about 8 months/year.

10. Hahaha, crazy weather huh? I can totally relate because I am currently living in Arkansas. It snowed two days ago and school was cancelled. Yesterday, it was in the 70's. Definitely UGGs one day and shorts the next! Thanks for all your awesome input! It's things that would probably take me years to figure out!

Now, not to sound totally immature, but how are boys in those three cities? I guess I am trying to ask about the dating scene!

11. And by the way, I am going to be living in Dallas this summer for three months for an internship. I am already getting excited!!

12. chicago- COLD in the winter, hot in the summer. Tons of culture and always something new and exciting to do

13. boys? Ah, can't help you there. . . I'm chained to Mr. Swank! LOL!
    Actually, most Texas boys are pretty adorable IMO. . . have always thought so.
    Where or who will you be interning with?

14. Men here are very polite as a whole from what I have seen...

15. I'm from Chicago.

I love the city, I think there is a lot to do and it has a lot to offer. The city is made up of many neighborhoods that all have distinct feels and traits to them. Great restaurants, great shopping - although sales tax sucks! Currently at 9% and going up a bit soon. Public transportation is decent, so you don't need a car, which is good, since gasoline is usually some of the most expensive in the country. There is a wide range of housing available at different price points. The winters can put you through some really harsh times, but our summers with the lake and festivals makes up for it.