Anyone ever Treadmill Train their dog???? Tips pls!!!

1. I can get my dog on the treadmill w/ treats but as soon as I turn it on she jumps off. She really needs it b/c the weather here has been crappy.
  2. I don't know if it will work for her then. Honestly some dogs enjoy the entire stimulation of exercise - including the mental stimulation - and a treadmill is just plain boring/scary for some dogs. Have you talked to a dog trainer or a vet at all?
  3. how about playing some games inside with your dog?? I don't agree with putting ANY animal on a tredmill
  4. I've seen it done on a program on Animal Planet, but I don't think it's a good option for the average dog. I walk my dog 3-4 miles a day and he gets bored if I take him on the same route too often. Unlike humans, you can't explain to a dog that he has to walk on this strange contraption for his health and weight control. It's just not a concept a dog can be expected to understand.
  5. I didn't know one could do that. It reminds me of the Jetson's! LOL!
  6. I play games and train her but she's 7 months and needs exercise...I've heard it's a great option but I would never leave her unsupervised on it if I get her on one day. I'm going to talk to the trainer tomorrow about it. It's just an idea.