anyone ever think they have a problem?

Is it possible to have too many bags?

1. Yes, you can have too much of a good thing.

2. No, beautiful things should be enjoyed to the max!

3. Yes, you can have too much of a good thing.

4. No, beautiful things should be enjoyed to the max!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Someone was asking how many bags have you bought since the beginning of the year. I counted and realized I bought way more than I thought I had.

So now I am wondering if other people ever went through a phase where they thought they were buying way too many bags. I enjoy everything in my collection and I never felt bad or guilty about splurging once in a while.

Is there a such thing as too many bags. Or is it just a phase?:confused1:
  2. Last year I bought way too many bags. The reason I know I bought too many is because I am giving some away to family members now.

This year I am going to try to stick to classic styles when I do buy.
  3. i would say yes there's a limit.

but it's if i'm talking in the "function" terms and not "desire"
  4. I don't really think the question is "do we have too many bags" as it is "do we spend too much money". I don't think you can have too many bags. I do think that we adducts can get carried away with our spending though. I know that I get pretty darned close to that line sometimes. My husband thinks I'm a total nut job when it comes to purses, but he hasn't yet thought I was doing unjustifiable damage to the credit card. Give me time, though -- I'm definitely testing the limits! :rolleyes:
  5. Yes I have a problem and I dont care :yahoo:

I actually started a purse thread on another forum I belong too :yes:

they think im crazy for the amount of purses I have
  6. I think when you first begin here at the Forum many of us go through a phase of buying too much just to 'have' it and 'see' it. We obviously don't need all of them, but our desire to see and hold is high.

I am just coming out of that phase, realizing I do not have to have every bag I see, just because.

I tried a purse ban, didn't work. Now I am on a strict budget, one good bag or several pre-loved cheaper bags. It works for me.
  7. Hi. I'm Lisa, and I'm a purseaholic.

Hi Lisa.
  8. No, I dont think I have a "problem"- I have a COLLECTION and to me it's no different than having 800 salt and pepper shakers sets or hundred of antique glass insulators. I'm not hurting anyone and I'm not spending more than I can afford. I don't EVER charge bags- I save til I have enough so...... that's just my opinion.
  9. Yea, I'm way out of control - have gorgeous bags I hardly ever wear because there are too many of them - I can't justify all my bags - I think I probably need an intervention or something but no one really knows the extent of my bag addiction. Maybe not even me.
  10. I definitely have a problem. After I bought 4 bags in a 3-week span. I said no more, and then a few days later, bought another one. I have no self-control :sad:

I am thinking this is a phase, because I did go 3 months without buying one after Christmas, but then again, I was a little preoccupied with my wedding.
  11. OMG titania029,
    I didn't even skip a beat with my bag buying and my wedding!
    Congrats BTW.
  12. If you can afford the bags, you don't have a problem. That is how I look at it.

When it is time for Spring cleaning, I just pass them to family members.
  13. Hahaha, I admire your stamina :yes: I was too busy being confused by the botanic garden people. Thanks for the good wishes!
  14. i went through a phase and now i'm calm...

i still shop around.. but now i have better control of my impulses :yes:
  15. Socalgem, can I be one of your family members? :biggrin: