anyone ever have a miscarriage?

1. I was pregnant for about 9 weeks and lost the baby but didn't find out until 3 weeks later. It's been 3 months since the DNC and my body is still showing that I have pregnant hormones... Is that normal? If not, has anyone else experienced this? I'm afraid that I won't be able to have kids...
  2. So sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I can't help you with your Qs but I'm sure someone can.
  3. Yes, I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks, but that's just nature's way of saying there was something wrong.
    I was pregnant again within two months & everything worked out fine!
    How do you know you have pregnancy hormones, have you had blood testing, or are you going on symptoms?

Women have estrogen & progesterone coursing through our bodies at different levels all during our cycle. As long as your periods have returned, your body is getting back on track, and you're most likely ovulating. Don't worry!

I had 6 health babies and only one miscarriage. The odds are in your favor the next time you conceive.
  4. My dr. has been testing my blood.
  5. First, I want to give you my condolences.

This was the first Google result that I found after searching:

It says:

6. I'm very sorry to hear your news
  7. I'm suprised your doc didn't tell you that your hormone levels will take a couple of weeks to get back on track. Like lamiastella said, the pregnancy hormones can last up to 6 weeks, so you're still safely in that range. I'm sure you'll be just fine so try not to worry too much.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your news. We're here for you.
  8. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've never had a misscarriage but my mom did and then went on to have my brother and I have known people to have them and go on to get pregant again so it definitely doesn't mean you can't get pregnant again.
  9. I'm so sorry that you miscarried, but it's usually because something was wrong. This did happen to me, twice, and tests kept saying I was pregnant. the doctor explained nothing to me, jerk. I changed doctors.

It doesn't mean you'll have trouble conceiving again. I had a healthy baby after my 2 miscarriages.

Best wishes
  10. Yep, sadly miscarriages are all too common. My Mom also had 2 miscarriages, and then she had me :smile:
  11. Well... it's been more than 2 months and I still have traces of HCG in my blood. I'm going in at the end of this week to get retested again. Hopefully it will be out of mmy system by now.
  12. I am sorry to hear your news. My daughter had the same experience and it took her a couple of months to get back to normal.
    The doctor said a miscarriage happens more than you think -- one in five pregnancies.
  13. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I am sorry for your loss. It does take a while for your hormone level to go back down.
  14. I miscarried at 7 weeks...I think it took about 3 weeks after my (natural) m/c until my hcg levels were below 5.

My doc had me going in for blood tests every 3 days...since I went "natural" he wanted to make sure everything had "passed" and that my hormone levels were returning to normal.

I'm very sorry for your loss...

i'm assuming you haven't had your period yet?
  15. I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks....between my son and daughter. I nearly had a was soooo bad and traumatic. I almost had to have a blood transfusion because I lost so much blood. I didn't get pregnant with my daughter until a year later....didn't want to try again. It only took a month and I was pregnant with her. Don't worry, you'll get pregnant again. My doc said miscarriages are very, very common unfortunately and they go up with age. It took forever to get my body back to normal. My doc thinks my hormones had a major crash and it really affected me emotionally.