Anyone ever gone out of the country to buy an LV for cheaper?

1. Has anyone every gone out of the country to buy a Louis Vuitton bag because it's there over there? Or have you ever gone out of the country to buy an LV that was available where you live?

2. I honestly don't see the point travelling to another country for a LV bag when you can get it here. If you add up travel expenses, you'll end up paying more... Now I can can see traveling to get a bag that's not available where you live or that can't be shipped where you live too. That's different.

3. I ended up paying less (travel included) going down to NYC to buy a LV bag. In Canada the prices can get a little steep, so with the exchange rate, and the fact that I can stay with friends down there it's a LOT cheaper.

4. i wish i could travel more. pair that with louis and i might have to drop dead happy!

5. I haven't traveled with the sole intention of buying LV, but I have bought LV in places where it's cheaper while I was already there.

6. Lv here is already at its cheapest,, i dont find the need to travel elsewhere :biggrin:

7. Me and Hubby love Hawaii. The prices and selection are waaaaaay better than California!!!! Anytime you can combine a vacation and an LV shopping trip is a plus!!!!!!!

8. Same here!

I've gotten LV from Paris for incredible prices, but I was already vacationing there.

I also had to get a bag from Tokyo before because it was sold out everywhere else in the world. That bag actually cost more than it did in the US though.

9. buy lv when you travel, but not TO travel...
    is the lv in hawaii cheaper?????????

10. omg really?

11. Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittyluv23 [​IMG]
    Me and Hubby love Hawaii. The prices and selection are waaaaaay better than California!!!! Anytime you can combine a vacation and an LV shopping trip is a plus!!!!!!!

omg really?

We have had great luck finding the hard to get items in Hawaii and the prices & sales tax are lower. And the SA's are way nice than my local SCP LV.

12. I didn't personally travel just to get LV cheaper, but my bf's sis got me my Pochette Accessoires and Pochette Cles from Paris where it is the cheapest, since she was there.

13. I always seems to leave Hong Kong with some sort of messenger...I was in Hong Kong last weekend for personal reasons and got the Bottega Veneta messenger I've been lusting because the color is exclusive to Asia. Previously I left with my Monogram Bosphore GM ahead of its US release and my favorite, the Utah Wichita. Besides they're cheaper in Hong Kong!!!!

14. I was going to buy a LV or Gucci bag in Taiwan if it was cheaper but it turns out that its more expensive than here even with the 8.25% CA sales tax included (at least $80+ more). If you do the VAT thing you only get 5% back when you leave the country but then it has to be declared when you return to the States.

Does anyone know if it is cheaper in China at a real LV boutique? I will be going there this summer.

15. How much cheaper are they compared to in the States? I may drop by HK after my China trip.