Anyone ever fell for someone not attractive?Advice needed

See, I used to hate hairy guys. But SO has the most hair that I've ever seen on anyone in my life! The point being that once you know someone for a while and their other qualities are attractive to you, physical attractiveness, which is what initially attracts most people to each other goes on the back burner.

That sounds like a description of my dh. LOL.

He was not attractive me physically (we were friends), WAY too old, way too goofy but I ended up falling in love with him and 7 years later...we are still happily married with 2 beautiful daughters and one on the way.

PS. Intelligence is HIGHLY HIGHLY sexy. The sexiness of intelligence lasts a lot longer than physical hotness

When it all works out.. you can always give him a make over :P ehehehe just kidding.

When I read your posts, it reminded me of Charlotte from Sex and the City like what pp mentioned. You should definitely go for it. In time you might even realize how sexy intelligent men really are.

When I was younger I always used to go for really good looking guys but I know now that personality and the way a guy treats you are by far the most inportant things, just think, when your old you want someone who can make you laugh and happy, looks don't last forever:sad:

My SO might not be conventionally "good looking," but he is one of the smartest people that I have ever met.

Personally, I find brains to be more sexy than abs:yahoo:

Yes I totally agree, intelligence is very sexy, and being able to hold a stimulating conversation, I bet all those girls who regected Bill Gates in High School, are beating their heads against the wall right now:graucho:

It could be like the "secret Sex" episode of SATC where:

How many of us out there are having sex with people we are ashamed to introduce to our friends? Carrie thinks Mr. Big is keeping her a secret, while Miranda discovers a secret about her new boyfriend. Samantha has never been discreet with anyone she's ever slept with, and Charlotte divulges her past love affair with one of God's chosen people.

ETA- i know I'm not helpful at all.

You find love in some of the most unexpected places...trust me--I would have never seen myself w/ the guy I am w/ now, because I judged him too quickly, but after I got to know him, I realized what a wonderful person he is, and now we are engaged and getting married this summer...sometimes you have to just give ppl a chance. you obviously like him for some reason, maybe this time you are looking past his appearance?

If you really like, him, give it a chance. Looks only go so far..for me, most of the guys I've met even when I was in middle and high school weren't the hottest but they were the nicest guys I've ever had the chance to know. So honestly, I would much rather have an ok-looking person who's fun to be around and who makes me happy, rather than the hottest guy you can think of but who I don't hit it off with.

The new guy in your office deserves a chance. I mean he is smart to make it thru law school. He is sweet--to make you tea, that is too cute. And he is confident in himself---he asked you out. If you have some feelings for him why not go out? You have nothing to loose. It sounds like you kind of gave him mixed signals and that is a shame. I am sure being new in the office he would like to make some friends, so even if nothing happened between you as a boyfriend and girlfriend you just might have a really new friend which are hard to come by. I say invite him out for coffee tomorrow.

i think you should give it a shot and see how it goes! plus the more you learn about him, he can look better in your eyes. my SO was a dorky genius but after years together, i value him better as a person. plus he let me basically groom him =) eyebrows, nails, clothes, the works!

You find love in some of the most unexpected places...trust me--I would have never seen myself w/ the guy I am w/ now, because I judged him too quickly, but after I got to know him, I realized what a wonderful person he is, and now we are engaged and getting married this summer...sometimes you have to just give ppl a chance. you obviously like him for some reason, maybe this time you are looking past his appearance?
:yes:

I do all the time. I am much more attracted to a great personality than looks. I love male models, but I need an intelligent guy. Plus, I like dorky guys because I can identify with the social awkwardness and "nerdy" interests (like math). I find it funny when I meet guys who are seriously thinking about auditioning for Beauty and the Geek and they tell me I should also audition, but as the "hot" girl.

The guy that I really like right now isn't physically attractive but he's become some much so because I like him. He wasn't my "type" when I first met him: short, hairy but he still captured my heart.

By the way, I've been told I have weird taste. I personally like pale, skinny, guys, this includes European male models and dorky physics grad students. I'm completely not into that All American Abercrombie & Fitch look. I'm also not into "dark" guys (like Latins, even though they can be sexy, or guys who tan).