Anyone Ever Feel Burnt Out on 'The Perfect Bag' Hunt?

I can ditto everyone over and over and over and over .... Before I joined TPF I was seriously burnt out. This purse thing isn't just about finding the perfect purse, it's the hunt too! There is a lot of time, effort, emotion and money involved. That is tiring!

The perfect bag for some does exist, for me it's Ali, 6 of them. If they made Ali in more colors I'd probably have more. It's very relieving, very satisfying, I am no longer impulsive or anxious about the next purchase.

I am sure there are some who think, oh how boring, some don't even like Ali, or it just didn't suit them . . . well, there will always be another Coach bag, it requires a lot of objective thinking. Even if you do have time and money to pursuit bags, if it's hobby, if you're a collector, it shouldn't stress or burn you out.

Augh I was very close to being burned out until I discovered the Carly. It was like I was replacing my bags every month because not one was singing to me. Then I got the medium Carly in Khaki/Saddle and was SURE it was the perfect bag but sold it later and TOTALLY regretted it! I now have 3 medium Carly's and have learned my lesson, there is no other bag for me!

Maybe we need to post "I do have the Perfect Bag" thread!!!";)

It's wonderful to find the thing that is absolutely YOU! :okay:

Burnt out -- yep, that's me! But I think I am straightening out a bit...

I went through my handbags a few weeks ago. Made separate piles for "donate to church" and "give to daughter's friends" and "sell on ebay" and "keep."

And I did them all! With what I made on ebay (and adding to it a bit), I am buying a small wallet that matches each bag along with an accessory or two. Bought the large chocolate Carly with PCE and holding out for a wallet I saw on the Japan site to become available here to match it.

Once the Carly arrives and after my shopping trip to the San Marcos outlet in December -- I am done. I've decided if I want a new bag -- an old one will have to go!

It seems like I spend waaaay too much time thinking about the whole thing and wanting a new bag as soon as I get a new bag. I blame tPF. heh.

Hopefully -- I can stay on plan here. :P