Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I recently sold a purse on Tradesy, and it was delivered on Sept 20th. It didn't state anywhere that the item was being returned, as it had in the past and my funds were supposed to be released soon. The bag had been used 2x and was in brand new condition. Tonight I get an email from Tradsey telling me that the bag had been returned to them because of odor which was not disclosed and that they had refunded the buyer and were returning it to me. This bag had absolutely no odor of any kind so I am sure it is a case of buyers remorse! I emailed Tradesy and they said the return was initiated within 24 hours and that my security tag was still attached. How can Tradesy say there is an odor? Did the buyer add something in order to get a refund? I don't think I will be using them again. So disappointed in them as I thought they were a much better alternative to eBay

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I recently sold a purse on Tradesy, and it was delivered on Sept 20th. It didn't state anywhere that the item was being returned, as it had in the past and my funds were supposed to be released soon. The bag had been used 2x and was in brand new condition. Tonight I get an email from Tradsey telling me that the bag had been returned to them because of odor which was not disclosed and that they had refunded the buyer and were returning it to me. This bag had absolutely no odor of any kind so I am sure it is a case of buyers remorse! I emailed Tradesy and they said the return was initiated within 24 hours and that my security tag was still attached. How can Tradesy say there is an odor? Did the buyer add something in order to get a refund? I don't think I will be using them again. So disappointed in them as I thought they were a much better alternative to eBay
Sorry to hear that, both stories sound like buyer's remorse. one buyer that I suspect in switching my bag asked very specific Qs about odor after she purchased it. I found it weird. then many odd things happened to that bag.
has anyone here experienced a refused package from a buyer? this would be a first for me. the package is on its way back to Tradesy HQ since I used their shipping label. there's been no communication with the buyer whatsoever, the only message was from me when I informed them that the item was shipped and provided tracking numbers. any idea as to what happens next?
not in my experience but i'm sure they'll have to give a good explanation to Tradesy, there's absolutely no reason not to release your funds.

Sorry to hear that, both stories sound like buyer's remorse. one buyer that I suspect in switching my bag asked very specific Qs about odor after she purchased it. I found it weird. then many odd things happened to that bag.

not in my experience but i'm sure they'll have to give a good explanation to Tradesy, there's absolutely no reason not to release your funds.
What sort of things happened to your bag? I have contacted Tradesy but they said they don't think it's a case of buyers remorse since a return was asked for right away. I am not sure what to do - I hope I don't get a bag back that now has an odor!

What sort of things happened to your bag? I have contacted Tradesy but they said they don't think it's a case of buyers remorse since a return was asked for right away. I am not sure what to do - I hope I don't get a bag back that now has an odor!
I just posted few pages ago, bag was relisted with more damage but my funds were released. it was resold by Tradesy closet on final sale for 20% off but then it was returned again and re-listed. I suspect bag was switched by the 1st buyer. red flags were wired name and address (USPS site didn't recognize it), similar bags were listed and sold in buyer's closet later, she asked explicitly about odor. I'm happy I got paid but I keep an eye on that bag just in case.
I would ask Tradesy to tell you which odor is that and why they think it's not added by customer. Leather also has leather smell which is divine BTW.

Reactions: PikaboICU
I emailed Tradesy and they said the return was initiated within 24 hours and that my security tag was still attached. How can Tradesy say there is an odor? Did the buyer add something in order to get a refund? I don't think I will be using them again. So disappointed in them as I thought they were a much better alternative to eBay

I hope I don't get a bag back that now has an odor!
Supposedly Tradesy examines items when they're returned as "fake." In a case like yours, do they examine the item and do a "sniff test?" How do they determine odor? Or do they just return it to you?

........ Leather also has leather smell which is divine BTW.

It does and I love it!
My son thinks I'm nuts as I love to smell brand new leather boots/shoes. lol
Balenciaga Leather has the most yummy scent- sometimes when I'm in my closet, I will just grab a dustbag & smell the leather.

Oh my stars- I originally worded that differently but it sounded/read awful. :shocked:
Original: sometimes when I'm in my closet I'll just smell my Bals.. YIKES! :lol:
I'm so glad I proofread that.

It does and I love it!
My son thinks I'm nuts as I love to smell brand new leather boots/shoes. lol
Balenciaga Leather has the most yummy scent- sometimes when I'm in my closet, I will just grab a dustbag & smell the leather.

Oh my stars- I originally worded that differently but it sounded/read awful. :shocked:
Original: sometimes when I'm in my closet I'll just smell my Bals.. YIKES! :lol:
I'm so glad I proofread that.
LOL that's how rumors start, they'll say Tradesy sellers are perverts and sniffers

I feel like odor is such a variable opinion dependent on each individual. What smells like nothing to you, might smell like old perfume to me. But unless it was a raunchy odor or smoke odor, I wouldn't return something based on that. Odor is pretty simple to remove. Some bags that I have purchased have had a storage odor and after a week of airing it out with a Dryer sheet, it's gone.

I'm sorry that happened to you, that's frustrating :sad:

Hi! New to Tradesy. Just sold an expensive bag ($2.5k+) and it was delivered Thursday. Money not available yet. What happens now? I've been so afraid someone would use my bag or damage it or send back a fake bag and I'd get scammed. About how long does it take for sellers to have funds available?

Hi! New to Tradesy. Just sold an expensive bag ($2.5k+) and it was delivered Thursday. Money not available yet. What happens now? I've been so afraid someone would use my bag or damage it or send back a fake bag and I'd get scammed. About how long does it take for sellers to have funds available?
Congrats on your sale. If you go to "Your sales" you should see something telling you when your money will be released. It would be at least 4 days after the item was delivered.

Reactions: PikaboICU
I feel like odor is such a variable opinion dependent on each individual. What smells like nothing to you, might smell like old perfume to me. But unless it was a raunchy odor or smoke odor, I wouldn't return something based on that. Odor is pretty simple to remove. Some bags that I have purchased have had a storage odor and after a week of airing it out with a Dryer sheet, it's gone.

I'm sorry that happened to you, that's frustrating :sad:
The bag had no odor unless you consider the "new bag" smell and odor! I can't wear perfume and I don't smoke and I am acutely aware of any odd smells, but this was practically a new bag and I am at a loss. The other thing I would warn sellers against is listing too low a shipping cost. I only charged the buyer $13.99 but the actual shipping with the insurance cost me $35.

Supposedly Tradesy examines items when they're returned as "fake." In a case like yours, do they examine the item and do a "sniff test?" How do they determine odor? Or do they just return it to you?
I have replied to the email that Tradesy sent me stating that I believe this to be a buyers remorse return, and that the bag had no odors. They replied and said that odor is a "tricky" thing and that I can relist but to make sure I disclose the odor?? There was no odor and I made sure that I was very clear with that but so far they just keep,saying that they will send me the tracking when they ship it back

The bag had no odor unless you consider the "new bag" smell and odor! I can't wear perfume and I don't smoke and I am acutely aware of any odd smells, but this was practically a new bag and I am at a loss. The other thing I would warn sellers against is listing too low a shipping cost. I only charged the buyer $13.99 but the actual shipping with the insurance cost me $35.

I know this doesn't answer your main problem, but most of us here use the $8.50 Tradesy prepaid label for shipping because it covers you for insurance and the full shipping fee. One tip is that if you try to choose that option on the app it will tell you that you can't use it for items over $2,500, but if you save the listing and then switch over to the desktop version to select the shipping method, then it will let you choose the Tradesy prepaid label no matter what the price is of the item you're selling.

Thank you for the response. I don't use the prepaid label since I am on the Canadian side of the border and ship from NY state post office. Does Tradesy send you the label online? I have always just listed the shipping and paid my own, but if I decide to sell on Tradesy again then I will definitely look into this

I have replied to the email that Tradesy sent me stating that I believe this to be a buyers remorse return, and that the bag had no odors. They replied and said that odor is a "tricky" thing and that I can relist but to make sure I disclose the odor?? There was no odor and I made sure that I was very clear with that but so far they just keep,saying that they will send me the tracking when they ship it back
I would clarify that your bag did NOT have an odor when you sent it so if it is returned with one either the buyer created the odor herself to force a return or has switched the bag entirely.