Anyone else want to vent about website sales?

1. Does it bother anyone else when a website doesn't list...
    the bags DIMENSIONS? Isn't that the most important thing??
    SO MANY sites DON'T tell you!

How about those lovely, miniature thumbnails that you click on so you don't have to fumble around for a microscope, and you open a new window with...
    another miniature thumbnail??

How about when you click on that "alternate view" button, and you get...
    the SAME picture??

Come on people, stop wasting our time and SHOW US the goods.
    Maybe you wouldn't have so many RETURNS if we could see that hideous lining in the first place.

Vent over.:cursing:

2. i hear ya sister! :woohoo:

3. Why can't they take a decent picture?
    Seriously, it takes a lot of time for me to email the company to ask what color the hardware is, and wait for them to reply. If they posted good photos, they'd surely sell some bags in that time.

4. All of it is annoying, especially this one...
    ----------
    How about those lovely, miniature thumbnails that you click on so you don't have to fumble around for a microscope, and you open a new window with...
    another miniature thumbnail??
    ----------
    And lining... I have a story to tell. I've got a coupon for ebags for 10 dollars off 10 dollars purchase and decided to get a jewelry pouch. The website listed available colors and I choose purple. I saw this pouch in the store in black and I like it.
    I paid shipping fee and difference for the cost and when I receive my purple pouch it was lined with lemon-lime lining. There were no mentioning of this color in the description!!! None. I was stunned to say the least... no more ebags for me.

5. And maybe one site in ten has modeling pics. The bag may look perfect at first but you can't know for sure without seeing someone carry it!

6. Nectarine, I couldn't agree more!
    It's hard to picture the dimensions with seeing them ON someone.
    And you don't need a professional model for this, anyone can stand and hold a handbag, heck I don't need to see her face or her hair, just the scale of the bag.

7. I know, the sites that DO have modeling pics have the most sour looking people in them but I don't care. I just want to see how the bag looks like on a human being :p

8. I couldn't agree with you more. I just want to see the bag at different angles and on someone and colors. I hate when you can't change the color! Why should I have to google the bag to find out what it looks like!

Sites that sell shoes seem to have it down why can't they do the same for bags??

9. I definitely agree. And it's not just with handbags. I like to see the profile when I'm shopping for jewelry, too. And dimensions. And I also agree about the lining on the handbags. Maybe I'm just a tad bit picky, but I HATE to return things.

10. I know what your saying I can never get dimensions from Neiman Marcus. I have to go somewhere else to find them. It drives me nuts.

11. I would even settle for a mannequin!

12. Titania - exactly! That isn't too much to ask IMO.

13. Yes, very annoying. How difficult is it to write the demensions in?

14. ITA with you! I've found I can get much better pictures here on tPF than on stores' sites!

15. I love this thread. Very useful information.....wish someone would listen to us!!!