Anyone else likes Marimekko bags?

I love Marimekko prints! I have the same blue poppy tote as shown in the first post and some sheets which I love in a print called Kukkula (means "hill") from Crate & Barrel, which sells their bed linens made to fit American bed sizes. I have often seen small Marimekko accessories like umbrellas on sale at NMLC.

edbe6a63.jpg

I love their fabrics - so graphic and pretty - but do not have any of their bags yet. Yours are so cute!

Miri - I have these same bed linens in the sea green/white combo and I love them!

Oh, Marimekko! I am from Finland so I have quite many Marimekko bags, also clothing and home decor. Almost all my curtains are Marimekko, and cushions on my bed and couch - not no mention table cloths. I just love their fabrics. I mostly use their bags for shopping or as an extra bag when I need to carry something with me that does not fit in my handbag. Here are a picture of my favourite Marimekko bags (large orange weekender on the background and smaller shoppers in front, also threw in a sunhat). They also have nice stuff for the kitchen, decor and eating. Like these "sukat makkaralla" glasses. Someone could say that I am a bit obsessed...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 71
That's fascinating! It is a very popular print - I do seem to see it in a lot of places :smile:

I really love that black tote you posted above, with the colorful raindrops! :heart:
They had raincoats of the same print, but I was too slow to get it so had to just be satisfied with the shopper. I would have always been happy in rain with a coat like that.

Reactions: fivezero
They had raincoats of the same print, but I was too slow to get it so had to just be satisfied with the shopper. I would have always been happy in rain with a coat like that.
Oh it would be perfect as a raincoat! Or even a lining of a solid colored raincoat! Or an umbrella...or rain boots... Glad you were able to at least snag the shopper :smile:

Reactions: anumus