Anyone else Discouraged by Coach?

I know how you feel. Everyone here has Coach, so I moved away from it for a few months. I just recently recieved a coach bag for xmas, and no one has it (from past season) and I was pretty happy about that.I just really like to be unique

I fell out of love with coach several years ago and just recently fell back in love with it. My teenage daughter bought her first coach bag from an outlet last summer. It was cute but I was still sort of "eh" on Coach. THEN, I decided to buy her a nice coach bag for Christmas and went to a boutique and ended up falling it love with it again myself. Not only did I get her a bag for Christmas (legacy shoulder) but I got myself one too, a Hampton Medium Carryall in pebbled leather. The quality is awesome!

After finding this board I ordered two wristlets - one striped and one in pond. They're on their way. I will decide which one to give to her for valentines after I decide which one I want to keep for myself - heh heh.

Hmm I can't honestly say I've left coach, but nothing in the spring line really appeals to me. I like getting the limited edition bags. Then I know that I really won't see too many people with them. But these past two seasons...nothing really. I have a couple of reasons
Too much hardware for hardware's sake
Keep the rainbows on the inside - beside satin snags
Light colored suede just doesn't hold up
And is it just me or did Coach just have a HUGE price increase lately. I don't mind paying $$ for bags, but I am just not used to paying 500 - 700 for a Coach bag. Now, if it's large and all leather, OK, but a regular bag, mostly cloth?

I don't buy Coach in full-priced stores, only at the outlets and on eBay. I just couldn't bring myself to knowing I might get it later for a cheaper price. If it doesn't go to the outlet, oh well. eBay!

Oh and the other thing that discourages me is paying full price, A BIG PRICE TAG AT THAT, only to see the stuff I paid a lot of money for at the outlet store in a month or two.

I used to shop just at the outlet. Waiting for the bags I LOVED...they would never be there. :crybaby: So I only pay full price for bags I LOVE. The bags I like but think - $300+ is too much to pay for - I wait and see if there is a good deal to be had and if they never show up - oh well - it's not like Coach is not going to come out with 47 other new bags in the next 2 months.

I've loved the pebled shoulder tote (paid full price) so much that if it showed up in the outlet - I'd buy it in any other color it came in. I think with the 2 Legacy bags that I paid full price for. I probably wouldn't bother getting them in any other color.....except maybe white! :yes:

I too used to be just a Coach girl until DH bought me an LV. I went to go buy the new signature Carly bag and for reason couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I went into the LV store and bought a wapity case. I think I am officially "over" Coach.

I have to say though and this is not directly at anyone in particular, I cannot comprehend how it can be said 'i dont like coach becuase its everywhere, but i love lv' lv is just as widespread. but either way, you make the bag unique, the bag shouldnt wear you.

but then again I'm just the resident nut drooling over bbags, bags that no one around here has nor knows about, whipping a non signature and usually abstract coach accessory out for every instance LOL.

Oh and the other thing that discourages me is paying full price, A BIG PRICE TAG AT THAT, only to see the stuff I paid a lot of money for at the outlet store in a month or two.

That's what I find discouraging as well - at least with LV I know I won't find it at a discount store later on half of what I paid for it...

the only thing discouraging about coach is how they hire so much "young" not knowledgeable girls. There a specific store in Vancouver that I just hate going to. The girls are too ditzy, lazy, just plain idiotic at times. complete turn off and will never ever shop there again.

I have to say though and this is not directly at anyone in particular, I cannot comprehend how it can be said 'i dont like coach becuase its everywhere, but i love lv' lv is just as widespread. but either way, you make the bag unique, the bag shouldnt wear you.

I Love coach, but the only thing that intrests me now is the Legacy line. And Yup I do see a helluva lot more Coach than I do LV. I'm 30 but I spend a lot of time at the mall and High School Athletic events (BF is into that) and I see 10 times more Coach than I do LV in 'my' daily life.