anyone else as neurotic as i am?

I think that SA was really rude- where are they finding these people anyway, I'm hearing more & more of this rudeness from SA's!

gosh I never thought of the pen exploding.. I usually keep it in the zipper compartment of my bag... but now I may rethink carrying one at all....no you are not neurotic.. you just LVoe your bag!!
^^^ I never thought of that either. :wtf: I always just worry about marks so I keep my pens in a pouch or cosmetic bag. Hmmmm.....I need to reconsider this. By the way, she was very rude to make that comment.

You are not neurotic or a weirdo ... the only pen I carry is in a small pouch of its own and it's inside my cosmetique pouch. The SA shouldn't have treated you that way, that was just outright rude! Sorry you had to experience that.

I carry a small montblanc ball point pen all the time, but it's always in a little pencil case I carry, with my lipgloss, chapstick and tissues - it's like a little girly kit! Why would anyone with a nice bag want to take the risk?? :nogood:

I use to carry a small pen in my vernis agenda but the cap fell off once and got a small dot of ink on the inside of my agenda, since then I stopped carry a pen in my agenda, but instead I have click pen in a pouch in my bag. If it leaked I HIGHLY doubt it would go through to my bag.

The SA was a bit rude :tdown:. It's customary for stores to provide you with a pen to sign for your purchases...hello??? What was she thinking? You were definitely NOT being neurotic especially since LV is pricey. Sorry you had to put up with that! I have a plastic pen case that I always use in mine & all lipgloss/makeup goes in a sealed pouch.

I never carry a pen in my bag for fear of leaks!!
Also, I expect to find pens available when I need to use one That SA was very rude. As a retail store owner, I would never expect a customer to dig around their bags to find a pen!!! We go through bozes of pens!

the SA should NOT say something like that. It was very rude.

i agree. and you're smart not to carry pens in your bags. why would you really need one ANYWAYS to make a purchase. she should have a pen.

gross. who does she think she is huh? :boxing:hahaha no but really.. pens and chocolate. they're purse killers for sure

I don't carry pens because I chew on them and this makes them even more likely to leak in my LV! LOL! On a side note I agree with all of the other posters though who said the SA was rude and out of line, WTF was she thinking?

You're not neurotic. I would have retorted instead that the store should be the one with the pen since they're expecting their customers to sign receipts!

I have learned not to carry pens in my purses because if some type of accident can happen with leaks, spills, splashes, etc...it will, lol. I wind up just keeping pens in my car instead. We're being smart by avoiding disaster.

Each to her own neurosis. I just checked and I have three pens and two lipglosses rolling around the bottom of my bag ... I feel quite safe with that because experience tells me bursting pens and lipglosses are things that don't happen to me. They may happen to other people, but for some reason they aren't my lot in life. What happens to me is oily spots, which have ruined many a garment of mine - but fortunately never any of my bags.

I think it has to do with whatever law it is that says you attract what you focus on. If you're going out to dinner wearing a fabulous new dress and thinking "I hope I don't spill anything on this," then you automatically become a magnet for gravy and red wine stains. Worry about your vernis and you attract sharp scratching objects. Worry about your vachetta and you attract everything from paint to felt tip pen marks.

It's only a theory of course, but I think there may be something to it. The interiors of my bags stay pristine, but I just wrecked a favourite Adidas top the other day when I was sauteeing something in a frying pan and it sent out a sudden shower of oil droplets. And of course that only reinforced what I already knew, that I attract oil spots, so no doubt I'll continue to worry about them and therefore keep on attracting them. :wacko: :roflmfao:

Anyway ... law of attraction aside, that was quite unbelievable of the SA. I would have been tempted to ask her, "Does this mean LV can't afford to buy their own pens any more?" :lol: