Anyone else almost due and not feeling great?

1. Hi everyone! So I'm 38 weeks today and am feeling, as dh likes to say, craptastic . . . My feet are beyond swollen - to the point where they and my lower legs hurt and itch (even the pads of my feet hurt to walk on), I'm exhausted b/c I can't sleep since I'm so uncomfortable (and keep getting up to pee or having bouts of insomnia - like I woke up at 4 am and could not get back to sleep until 5:30 this morning), and my right hip and lower back are killing me. I also have developed some mild pain in my upper right thigh. I'm a mess!

I saw my dr on Tues and my BP was somewhat high - 150/80 first reading; 140/80 second time. She ordered blood and urine work to be done and told me she'd call sometime today if there was anything abnormal that indicated I was pre-eclamptic. She also told me about the signs to look for - headaches, floaties and sharp pain the the right side. I haven't heard from her so far, but don't have any of those symptoms (aside from a very mild headache every once in a while, but I really think that's due to exhaustion (and the flourescent lights here that always give me a headache) more than anything else). The baby is beating me up pretty well today too so I know she's feeling ok! But I am wondering if I should call the dr anyway just to see if the blood tests are back (of course, the bloodwork wasn't drawn until 1 or so on Tues. and she said she wouldn't have results for at least 48 hours and then would only call if there was an issue).

I'm still working 40+ hours and seriously cannot wait to have this pregnancy over with - it's been fairly uneventful until now, but man, I am just so beat!

Anyway, I just needed to whine a bit (sorry!). Anyone want to join me?
  2. awww...hugs to you. I have one more trimester to go and can't bear it. Constant backache + indigestion + insomnia = no fun. Not to mention my boobs are 2 cup sizes larger. WTF! I really can't wait to get this over with :sad:
  3. Hopefully you'll be able to deliver soon, since you are considered full term. I know right before it was time for me to have my last son, I felt like you do. Good luck and {hugs}!
  4. Hey, willowsmom. You are not alone! I'm going on my 35th week and I feel everything you are feeling (I usually deliver at 37-38 weeks). I get no sleep at all (which is why I am on TPF a lot - what else is there to do at 330 in the morning?). The baby kicks a ton and of course there is the constant need to pee. It's just good to know that it won't last forever and we will eventually get to meet the little stranger that has been keeping us up all night!
    Good luck with your tests - I hope they all turn out ok. At 38 weeks, you can pretty much go anytime:smile: I am currently sitting here counting preterm contractions and hoping they stay irregular (I generally have them constantly for a couple of weeks before I deliver and no, they aren't Braxton Hicks), which will pretty much determine whether I go to work next week.
    Have a good weekend and try and get some rest:smile:
  5. i'm 28 weeks and not feeling so great. i have pelvic symphysis and have not been able to sleep properly for 3 months. this is baby #2 for me and i am still working a 40-50 hour work week as well. i didn't feel this bad this early in my last pregnancy so i just attribute it to doing too much.

try to get some rest, put your feet up and even if you can't sleep, relaz a little bit. i know that ripe, ready to go feeling is really getting to you. women are such powerful beings, with all that we have to endure. just try to think forward to the day when your feet will be pre-preggo size, your sleep will be interrupted by sweet little baby cries (LOL) and you can hold your little one in your arms.
  6. Hi everyone! Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I haven't had time to be online too much lately b/c I'm really trying to get things tied up at work and home.

Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Had a rather disappointing dr's appt yesterday - not only has nothing changed with my cervix (soft and about 1 cm dialated, but that's it), but the baby is measuring small all of a sudden (last week, I was measuring right on, if not a little large and then yesterday, she's measuring at 36 weeks). The dr isn't concerned and said it's probably due to the baby dropping, but has me set for an ultrasound on Fri. morning just to check fluid levels and size anyway (although she estimated that the baby was about 7 pounds, so it's not like we're talking a 4-5 pounder here). It's just frustrating b/c I've been cramping and uncomfortable, etc. and was just hoping that I'd go in and miraculously be dialated to 3 cm and told to check into the hospital and not have to work anymore!

Oh well, at least I know that they won't let me go more than a week past my due date before scheduling an induction, so being due 11/1, I'm really not looking at too much longer!

Hang in there everyone!
  7. Willowsmom.. the last weeks are difficult. I'm amazed that you are still working??? I don't know much about the American rules but in Holland you stop 6 weeks before you have a baby and there after you have another 12 weeks. When can you stop working? My thoughts are with you.
  8. H&H - Thanks for the kind thoughts! Here in the US, we don't have any kind of guaranteed maternity leave and unless you have medical complications before you give birth and can be covered by short term disability, you're SOL. We do have something called the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) that covers many employers, including mine, but all it guarantees is 12 weeks unpaid time off after the birth of your baby and then you can return to your former position.

Now technically, I can stop working whenever I want, but my issue is twofold in stopping now: first, with FMLA, you are entitled to all the accrued vaca and sick time you have earned thusfar (and actually have to use that up first before the unpaid time), so the longer I work, the more paid time off I get, and if I make it until 10/31, I get another 8 hours or so (which isn't huge, but gets me almost a full 4 weeks off as opposed to 3.2 or something like that) then 2. I'm a little scared to stop working too early b/c if I stop say Fri. and then go 1-2 weeks past my due date, that would mean that I'd have to come back before the baby is even 12 weeks old and I really want to be home with her as much as possible before I return.

With my dd, I stopped working about a week and a half before I was due and then she wound up being 5 days late. It wasn't a huge deal b/c I knew I wasn't going back to work at that time, but seeing as how I know this time I am going back, I don't want to waste my precious leave time just sitting at home twiddling my thumbs and stressing about when this child is going to make her grand entrance!
  9. I'm with you!

Swollen feet to the point of insanity, I sleep about 2-3 hours a night intermittently, acid reflux that causes me to throw up at least twice a day, and some other fun things.

I am so thankful for this baby and the fact that we made it to full term (after many scares at 20w, 24w, 32w) but now I am ready to have him, KWIM?

I keep talking to my baby and telling him that there's lots of fun stuff outside...are you sure you don't want to come out now? LOL!
  10. My SIL is in week 32, PG with twins, and she just wants to make it two more weeks and then get those babies the heck outta there! I've never had a baby but when I see her her discomfort is palpable. You ladies have my utmost respect and sympathy!
  11. I thought I was the only one feeling this way!!! I am 37 weeks now and feel like crap. You are not alone. I feel like crying cause I'm so whole entire body aches. I can't wait until I feel normal again :cursing::sick::wacko:

13. hi willowsmom!
    i've been there. i hope you deliver soon. just keep thinking of the wonderful baby that's causing you to feel crappy. haha.
    i am now just 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd BUT i already feel like crap. my older daughter always goes up to my tummy and says, "don't make mama sick anymore, ok?" i am not throwing up but there's a lot of dry heaving and nausea. it's like being seasick 24/7, 7 days a week.
    hang in there!
  14. hi willowsmom! How's it going? I'm on my 36th week now and contracting away (albeit irregularly) just like my previous 2 boys. I hope to deliver in the next 2 weeks before she gets too huge to push out (I belive she's about 7 lbs at the moment). I'd glad you don't have too long to go - hopefully we get to deliver around the same time! good luck with the waiting. I SO know how you feel!
  15. Hi Willowsmom! I'll be entering my 37th week of pregnancy on Tuesday and I am still working until this Monday:nuts:. I understand how you are feeling and I'm on my 3rd and final pregnancy. There are days where I don't even want to get out of bed but I have my 4 and 2 year old little girls to take care of. Don't worry, it will all be over soon and you'll have your bundle of joy in your arms.