Anyone bought from Pierotucci?

crazyshopper123,

I think it is a lovely thought to get your friend a nice bag.

Don't let people that have no clue get you down.

If someone was truly copying Hermes, they would sue them. I'm sure they have a few lawyers that deal strictly with that. Since there hasn't been any legal action against Pierotucci, should be clue enough that they AREN'T copying their product.

Everyone can't afford a Hermes and some that can afford it, chose not to spend that much on a bag.

Good luck finding something nice.

When I think of Hermes and Pierotucci, I think of the man who first baked the chocolate lava cake. It's the unctuous creation that is a thin crust of cake with oodles of delicious chocolate sauce inside that spills out when you cut the crust with your fork. Now he had wanted to bake a chocolate cake but he made a mistake with the ingredients and thus created a marvellous new version of chocolate cake.

If you think that I'm implying Piero is better with this story, you're wrong. This story just illustrates the fact design is something alive. That an overly circumscribed or litigious approach to matters can stop the process of creation in its tracks.

I'm sure that part of the reason Hermes has magnanimously not sued all the people inspired by it is because, inherently, design isn't something you can lock away.

Whe Bill Gates visited some Third World countries and realised that they were all using pirated versions of Microsoft Windows, he accepted it with equanimity. Let them start with this, he thought, their children will buy the Microsoft original.

^^I don't know about crazyshopper's friend, but (since the price of an H bag equals about a half years pay for me, and a H scarf can pay my rent) if anyone offers me ANY bag for free - I'll take it!

I really would also suggest some H accessories. A scarf, Twilly or a pretty detailed enamel bracelet might be a great alternative. ;)

I cannot tell you how excited I would be to receive an actual Hermes scarf or bracelet as an Hermes fan who is wanting a H branded bag eventually --rather than a bag that just looks like my dream one.
There is no comparison there to me. This is to the OP. I'd definitely suggest an H gift over a Pierotucci bag.
If you are going to spend that much on a bag anyway, just get her a very nice bag in another brand. The Pierotucci bags are very expensive to be what they are.

Merika..... I have a P bag (I am guessing it costs about $400) and an H scarf (around $400)... which one would you like?

H SCARF- hands down. :wtf:

At least the H scarf can be resold for very near it's full value, if not more. I look at long term value of a bag/scarf/anything, as much as I look at immediate enjoyment of it.

This is a quote from an article about a lawsuit by a famous handbag design house filed under the new laws:
In trademark law, the basic standard for infringement is "likelihood of consumer confusion." Just like famous people, however, famous trademarks are surrounded by additional security. If a trademark is famous, e.g. Louis Vuitton, Hermes, the trademark holder need not prove a likelihood of confusion, but only (under the new act) a likelihood of dilution.

This dilution may take the form of making the famous mark less distinctive because there are so many other similar marks out there (dilution by blurring) or harming the reputation of the famous mark by associating it with certain other goods (dilution by tarnishment).

The Trademark Dilution Revision Act in some ways makes life easier for the owners of famous marks, who now need only prove likelihood of dilution rather than actual dilution.

Whether I think the P bags are pretty or not doesn't matter. They WILL confuse someone you pass on the street, with or without a fake Hermes logo stamped on the bag. That makes them legally wrong.

This is a quote from an article about a lawsuit by a famous handbag design house filed under the new laws:

Whether I think the P bags are pretty or not doesn't matter. They WILL confuse someone you pass on the street, with or without a fake Hermes logo stamped on the bag. That makes them legally wrong.

And the reason, Hermes hasn't sued is what?

And for the record, I have a H bag and I don't see a problem with someone wanting a P bag. If that is all they can afford so be it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 551
If the Hermes Company has an argument with Pierotucci, let them sort it out at a corporate level...

Ah...finally a voice of reason. I think we all understand everyone's views on the Pierotucci subject. Here is my two cents. If the friend of the OP has her heart set on an Hermes bag, she will not be happy with the Pierotucci bag. If you're not sure about the answer, it's probably best to show your friend the site and see how she responds.