Anyone Been To Myrtle Beach?

1. Hi all,
    My father just surprised us (my family) with a one week vacation to Myrtle Beach this Saturday. This is the first time I will be going there, so I dont really know what to expect.:blink: We will be staying at the Kingston Plantation.
    Has anyone ever been there? Any reccomendations? I would really aprreciate some help :biggrin:

Thanks in advance :flowers:
  2. It's been a while since I've been there, but I remember it was lots of fun :biggrin: There are some great outlets around there if you want to go shopping!
  3. Last time I went to Myrtle Beach, I was 13 and it was for a cheer competition (over 10 years ago, UG). It's a nice town, but I don't do SC anymore. However, I'm sure you'll have a great time. If I wanna go to the beach, it's FL or VA for me.
  4. I was there for the 4th of July about 4 years ago! I had lots of fun, our hotel was right by the beach :amuse: I was with young kids though so we didn't do a lot of shopping, but we did other activities and went to the beach!!! :biggrin:
  5. Yeah same for me the last time I took a vacation there was probably about 5 years ago. It was a blast. Have funny & be safe!
  6. since it's only like 4-5 hours from Athens, i have a lot of friends that go often and really enjoy it. i've never been, but i've heard a lot of good things. have fun!
  7. My friend was there this past weekend. I know there's 2 outlet centers by there (cause I looked up Coach outlets for her). But that's all I know.
  8. I've been to Orlando and Miami but there was no CLUB BAGNSHOO so I left.
  9. I'm in Virginia Beach. If you ever come down, let me know!
  10. I've been, but it was about 20 years ago. I remember having a lot of fun, though. I imagine there are a lot of changes since then.
  11. Thanks girls!!
    I will definately be hitting the outlets as well as the beach:yes: :amuse:
  12. We Went Last Year....It's Was Fun! :smile: What Area Are You In Or From?
  13. bagluv, Im in the D.C area. We usually frequent VA beaches, its the first time we venture out :yes: :amuse:
  14. its really nice there...nice boardwalk and great beaches and restaurants.
  15. OHHHH...I LOVE Myrtle Beach!!! I've been there twice (last time was a year ago). It is a very casual and fun place!

Of course, the outlets!!!!! There are two of them and both are worth a visit (I was torturing my bf there!!!! haha)! If you like golf/miniature golf, you'll LOVE it there!!!! They have tons of golf courses all over the place! The beach, of course, is great! Two of the places that my bf and I kept going back to were Barefoot Landing (restaurants, shopping, Alligator Adventure (REALLY cool!), House of Blues, etc.) and Broadway at the Beach (restaurants, theatres, shopping, etc.). That's all I can remember for now. If I remember more, I'll either post here or PM you. If you have any questions, just PM me!!

Ok, just remembered more! There's a Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum (if you're into that stuff) on the main strip. IMAX Theater is in the area, too. Nascar Speed Park was pretty cool. You'll definitely have fun if you go with your family. I don't remember the exact locations but you can look them up online or even when you get to the hotel. You can also go whale and dolphin watching (I loved it!). If you love seafood, they have tons of restaurants everywhere.

Hope you have fun! :smile: