Anyone been to greece?

1. I'm searching for rental homes that can sleep 9 people comfortably. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Even of where to stay anywhere in Greece, but specifically Santorini.
    Thanks!

2. Hi!
    My boyfriend and I rented a small appartment in Santorini, but you know it's a big island, I don't know where you want to go specifically.
    We went to the south east of the island, in Perissa, in the Birds Villa: http://santorini-villa-thebirds.com/

Check it out but you'll also find a lot more options if you search the web. HTH!

3. I visited Santorini, but I don't remember it :shame:

We went to Delphi for a couple days and then Athens for about a week and we just stayed at mid-priced hotels. Then we did an island hopping cruise that stopped in Rhodes, Mykonos, Patmos, Santorini, Kusadasi (Turkey) and I think Crete.

Of the islands Mykonos was the most beautiful and I thought it had the best shopping, I thought Rhodes had the best beach, Kusadasi was the most interesting because it was so different than anywhere else I've been, but overall Patmos was probably my favorite because it was really low-key and not crowded.

Honestly I would be a little nervous to rent a house there via a private transaction. I think I would do it through a travel agent or company if possible. The trip sounds fantastic though. Greece is a beautiful country and I would LOVE to go back some day! :yes:

4. No, but I envy you! Greece sounds amazing!

5. I visited Santorini this May. I was on a cruise, so I only stayed for a day. It was so picturesque- right out of a postcard. A couple wineries and some fun looking restaurants on the water! It was fabulous. A couple cute shops too- one with amazing jewels!

6. Hi, I usually go to greece every year, usually Crete, Ive not yet been to Santorini. Crete and Rhodes are both great and there is this place in rhodes called Pefkos, it has alot of rental places.

But If you also try Crete there are some good places there Stalis - great, quiet but still lots of bars, beach and nightlife, hersonissos - lots of nightlife but also good fun for families and groups, good shops, bars, places to eat and fantastic beaches, then there is Malia - its like a mainly European Party scene and if your young its great. I really do think that its worth going Crete, there is so much to do and so many great trips.

PM me if you need any help and Ive enclosed some pics of Crete :smile:

SP_A0286.jpg SP_A0319.jpg
  7. Santorini is amazing!!! I haven't been in years and would love to go back soon! Greece is the most beautiful place on earth!

8. Yes, but I was in Athens and it was only for 2 days. I wish we could have stayed longer!

9. DH and I were in Kusadasi during our cruise on our honeymoon, but we didn't spend much time in Kusadasi itself. We took a tour of Ephesus which was amazing!

10. I went about a year ago. There are 3 great places to stay in Santorini. Fira and Firastefani are great places to stay near the center of town. My DH and I stayed in Firastefani and it was about a 10 minute FABULOUS walk to the town. It is one of the best cities to stroll the streets and get lost in. North a ways is another grat town called Oia. This town is a town in itself and is fabulous. You definitely want to see the sunset there! It is BEAUTIFUL! Have fun! Feel free to PM me if you want any more details.

11. ^ I agree LV Luvr. The sunset at Oia is breathtaking.

I will try and remember the hotel I stayed at in Santorini. In Athens I stayed at Hotel Titania and I enjoyed it. It was in walking distance of everything and near the subway and the staff was really nice.

12. May I also recommend tripadvisor.com <hich has great reviews of hotels anywhere in the world