Anyone back-to-back their birth control?

1. Just wondering if anyone does this - take your birth control continuously (ie. no placebo pills) to skip your period/reduce PMS? Also, is anyone on Seasonale? It's the same thing.
  2. No I don't do that. Is that safe to do? It doesn't sound like a very practical thing to do unless you're taking a pill that is meant to reduce your period to let's say 4 times a year.
  3. i've heard some women do that if they are going on vacation or s/t and they don't want to be on their period, but i don't think it should be done every month....thats how your body cleans its self out....unless your pill is ment to do that
  4. When I was on the pill, I used to take two packs back-to-back so I had 6 weeks in between periods. I was on ortho tri-cyclen lo. I talked to my doctor about it before I started doing it and she said that it was fine for me to do, though I would recommend that you talk to your doctor first.
  5. I was just curious about what other women have heard. I researched it a lot and talked to my doc about it and he was actually impressed w/ me and told me to go for it, as long as I don't go for longer than 4 packs or so.
  6. i do it, have for about 3 years. doctor says its ok. i love it :smile:. i don't think i take a special pill meant for it.
  7. I did this when I was a bit younger when I would go on vacation, or had something coming up that I did not want to deal with my period...maybe 2 or 3 times a year. My doctor said it was okay.
  8. it depends on what type of pill you're on. ask your doctor. I wouldn't do it all the time, but like the other posters said, for a vacation, etc every now and then it shouldn't be a big deal, just call your drs office and ask them first
  9. i'm on ortho try-cyclin lo and my dr actually suggested doing that so i dont have to worry about getting my period the day of my wedding or while i'm on my honeymoon this fall.
  10. Nope, never done that. I'm usually always praying for my period to come (I'm always late and sometimes skip periods), but that's just me. I can see why girls who get it regularly (their periods, that is) would want it to go away for a special occasion, but it doesn't sound like something very healthy to do. Just my two cents.
  11. I'm on seasonale, and I've been on it for a couple of years. I absolutely love it! I always hated having having my periods, and having it only 4 times a year is the best. I don't see why there would be anything unhealthy about it. In fact I have read articles saying the opposite.
  12. I do avoid my periods sometimes, starting the new package immediately (I've been taking the pill for 4 years), but only for special occasions (like I'm going on veacation to the sea). Doctors say it's safe to do it occasionally, but not too often!
  13. When I was on the Pill, I used to do it at least 3-4 times a year when getting a period just wasn't convenient.
    Don't forget, th period you get when you're on the pill is not totally a "real" one since you didn't ovulate, etc. So it's not as necessary to flush everything out as if you weren't on the Pill since it doesn't build up the same way.
  14. I do it...
  15. i've never done it, but i've talked to my gyno about it before and she said that it was absolutely safe to do occassionally for a special occassion (vacation, out-of-town boyfriend visiting, etc). you should never skip more than three periods in a row (which is why seasonale gives you 4 a year), but skipping one here or there is not a health hazard, according to my doctor and all the literature i've ever read about it.