Anyone Avid "consignment" Shoppers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is just mostly how I, for one, shop, and discount stores, as you all know like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.

Consignment shops are where I've found just so many of my great and fabulous finds, both for me and for my hubby. :yahoo: Here are just some of my latest and fabulous AND reasonably priced purchases. Would love to hear some of yours too~~:nuts:

1) Ralph Lauren navy blue blazer with gold buttons--perfect fit--perfect condition for hubby; and a pair of Bally loafers for hubby~~ (he won't take them off--even though now they're gettin' kinda' scruffy)--LOL
    2) 2 pair of Prada shoes; gorgeous~
    3) 1 Hermes Kelly Bag***
    4) an adorable jean suit made in Europe somewhere--very good quality--but need to lose another 4 pounds for it to fit perfectly~adorable--fitted jacket and fitted jean skirt--matching--:yes:
    5) *real* Chanel pink handbag; (on closeout sale for $116.00)~~
    6) lace dress from the 50"s---
    7) Red wool Escada suit--gorgeous--saving for a family reunion coming up~~after my 5 lb. weight loss--UUUGGGHHH~

This is THE way I so love to shop~ don't know about y'all. While in Paris soon, have researched a couple consignment shops i hope to check out. If anyone has any suggestions--please let me know. I love to hear all your finds too~

Tip: Go to the most ritzy neighborhood near you and find their consignment shop~ this is where you'll find the best quality stuff**
    Yesterday--I was at mine. Saw this gorgeous Chanel sweater with navy trim with gold buttons--perfect condition--but it was size SM. for $99.00 marked down. Man--what a steal~

2. I am! I get all of my Ann Taylor work clothes at consign - I wear a small size and a lot of time I can find stuff with the tags still on - I just get a kick out of getting deals!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one...

3. Hi Clara! IMO, it's the ONLY way to shop~ Guess it's all about priorities when it gets right down to it, isn't it? IMO, I'd rather spend $2,000 on a trip to Paris; than on one designer handbag from Paris.

Good to hear from you~wow--that's great you're finding stuff from Ann Taylor for work~ yep, they have good quality clothes don't they? Bought a gorgeous peach floral silk blouse there 15 years ago for $100.00 and I still wear it**
    Quality never goes out of style**

Have a blessed day~:yes:

4. how much did you pay for the Hermes bag?

Inquiring minds want to know.

5. "Tip: Go to the most ritzy neighborhood near you and find their consignment shop~ this is where you'll find the best quality stuff**
    Yesterday--I was at mine. Saw this gorgeous Chanel sweater with navy trim with gold buttons--perfect condition--but it was size SM. for $99.00 marked down. Man--what a steal~"

Thats a good tip. I haven't bought at a consignment store, though I hope to find one soon to sell some stuff I've been keeping to sell. But I do go to outlets, or wait for crazy sales. I don't have a lot of clothes, so I buy a few couple choice pieces of clothing and then mix it with discount. I also wear sweat pants and sweat shirts from past schools I've attended or done some type of clinic at, free or discounted warmth? Yeah I'll take that LOL. And the same goes for outlets, the better the retail shopping, the better the outlets.

6. I live in Chicago and we are stocked with good consigment shops.....I have a couple that I frequent at least once monthly. Last week I found an absolutely gorgeous shearling jacket from Anne Klein....I wore it to work last weeka nd everyone loved it. It's sort of hit or misss, but definitely worth looking.....I see people getting LV and Gucci's from there too, but they go really fast!

Anne

7. I've never seen one near me :sad:

8. Thanks for asking. But I do not remember.

Happy Graduation!!:yes:

9. Totally agree with this sentiment :smile:

10. If I could, I'd rather have both! :lol:

11. Was recently in Helisinki. Stumbled across a small consignment store. Found a gorgeous pair of black Prada loafers in near-perfect condition for 50 euros. I love consigment stores!

12. This past weekend I bought an Escada suit and an Armani Collezioni suit :smile:

13. Hey "katerina" and "Magenta321"

Good Day to all:

That's absolutely awesomely unbelievable you both found such super purchases at your consignment shops as of late. Those black loafers sound so gorgeous Katerina! and the Escada suit sounds divine Magenta321!
    And think of the money you saved--for a worthy cause elsewhere---

I myself, just bought some Prada way-out shoes last weekend too! At my local beautiful consignment shop. I feel, IMO, for me personally, this is the only way to shop. First on my list this time next week while visiting Paris will be to visit some great consignment shops--of course along with business and museaums and great food. Will let you know if i found any great bargains.

Enjoy your purchases friends. They sound sooooo neat!
    Regards~

14. I love consignment stores! One of the best ones I ever went to was by my aunt's house in Virginia. Too bad there's none in my area in Germany :sad:

15. I love consignment stores! But sometimes, it's hard because there might not be a lot in stock or they sometimes overprice...I can get better deals on eBay sometimes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.