Anybody in here feels the same way as I do??

i do i do!
i love the bags when the vachetta is really pale. and i get really paranoid if i find a speck of dirt mark on it. i'll do anything to shield my bag from the sun. Just the other day, i brought my new neverfull mm out. and i brought along my jacket, not to shield me but my bag. When i was sitting in the bus, i used the jacket to cover the bag, so it doesnt get exposed to the sun. However, to my horror, i found a stretch of dirt marks on my bag. i was horrified. then discovered that the culprit would have been my jacket....

but yeah, i'll do anything to stop the process of patina. hahah i cant deal with the dark patina.

I guess I'm the dissenter here. I LOVE when the vachetta starts to honey. Although I HATE when it's uneven and it looks dirty (now I live in very sunny climes, there's not much I can do about it). I really prefer the "used lovingly" look to the brand new look (the SAs at my boutique laugh when I ask them for a bag that has maybe darkened a little). With a brand new LV bag I always feel like I have to be really careful not to get it wet, etc. and I am just not that type of person.

that's why they invented Damier! un less you like all the LV's than you should live with it...coach has vacheeta colored leather trims on their bags that don't oxidize...

i really hate when members do this. as soon as someone says anything edge wise concerning LV, they are usually met with some rude and unnecessary remark sugessting that they don't appreciate lv and should try some other designer. she doesn't have to like all LV's, she was just stating that she does not like the patina process. OP there are many things you could try to slow down the patina process. try searching the forum for shining monkey, it really helps. if you are ever in Europe they can treat the vachetta for you so that it will not change, goodluck:smile:.