Anybody else get a message from "Tony"?

1. Okay weird. I've got a bunch of purses up for sale right now, and I get a "question" from a buyer through eBay my messages. This is how the message reads:

[​IMG] Question from xx[FONT=Arial, Verdana]xxxxxx( xxx1[/URL])[/FONT][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Positive feedback:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]100%[/FONT][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Member since:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Apr-26-04[/FONT][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]FL, United States[/FONT][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Registered on:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]www.ebay.com[/FONT][​IMG][​IMG][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hi Sarah, do you have a phone number. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana]thanks .tony xxx[/FONT]

Okay, so what the crap is this??? Anyone else received a message like this? I responded to him through eBay saying, "Is there something I can help you with?" What would you have done? Suggestions?

2. LOL!

Ive never heard of that or received it. Strange!!

Did you respond via eBay and block your email addy from showing? I wonder if he is trying to get it, so he can hack?

Might want to change your password, JUST in case!

3. i haven't and I hope I don't either!

4. Creepy and weird. Reminds me of that Cox cable "smokin hot ladies" commercial

5. That's a very weird message. I would definitely block that ebayer!

6. Delete, delete, delete. Block the buyer. Too strange.

7. Agree with others. Delete the message and block the buyer.

8. If your name isn't Sarah, maybe he sent the message to the wrong seller?

Alternatively, it could well be a scam. :yes:

I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone else gets a similar message. :shrugs:

9. It's attempted fraud. You'll get a question from a user about some item you don't even have listed. I got one asking the cost to ship to Canada and I don't have anything listed right now!!

If you click on the link to respond it will take you to a non ebay site and ask you to log in so they can steal your info. (notice if you put the cursor over the respond now it will pop up as a non ebay site in your browsers bottom left hand corner)

Delete and do not respond!! Oh I didn't see that this was through your Ebay. Make sure the emails you receive are indeed from Ebay by scrolling over any links and looking at the url. Don't respond to questions through your email, respond directly through your Ebay. If it is legit you will get it in your eBay account.

10. I responded to him through my messages in eBay, saying, "Uh, is there something I can help you with?" Basically, he's a wholesaler (or so he says), looking to sell me stuff. Yeah, deleted this and blocked him from bidding. TOO CREEPY! I am hoping I don't have to deal with this fruitloop again. Ugh!

11. You did the right thing - and thanks for tipping the rest of us off about yet another thing to be wary of when working on Ebay.

12. I got a message from an ebayer asking for my phone number to negotiate about a bag! I replied through ebay saying that i would only negotiate that way. I got no response but about a week later the same buyer did a buy it now, of course they didn't pay, their contact details were false & ebay NARU'd them almost immediately!
    I never ever give out personal details before a sale!

13. Ditto!

14. Scary - def delete!

15. I once asked someone's phonenumber as well, he did not have any feedback and had a computer system for sale and I wanted to be sure this was a legitimate seller as I had a bad experience before someone with 0 feedback I bought something and paid and never got the item :sad: the phonenumber on Ebay he listed was false.

So just for my protection and he indeed gave me his phonenumber and the transaction went perfect.