Any way to make spaghetti more special?

1. This new guy im dating loves Italian food, especially spaghetti, so I want to make him some.
    Is there any way to jazz up spaghetti and madke it even better?
    He's a big meat and potatoes kind of guy so I want to definetely do a heavy meat sauce, or meatballs.
  2. I have added bacon to my spaghetti before and my DH loved it and he is a big meat eater.
  3. Our favorite spaghetti recipe:

spaghetti al dente tossed with garlic, olive oil, fresh-grated parmesan, capers, and chopped Kalamata olives

It'll blow your mind.
  4. try a carbonara sauce, creamy with bacon--food network has some good recipes
  5. i usually use beef and sausages and i add 1/2 cup of red wine with the sauce.. then after the pasta is cooked i take a baking dish and i add the pasta and the meat and bake for 30 mins in the oven .. top the spaghetti with mozzarella cheese so it can be goooey... yumms
  6. Cheese. cheese & more cheese :smile: If you want to get away from the bolognese sauce use a cheese sauce with melted parmesan over the final dish. I put ham in this dish
  7. Undercook the spagetti and finish cooking in the sauce.
  8. Sounds like this guy would really like some well-made meatballs. They are pretty easy, but take some time. You need to be sure to cook them separately in some sort of fat (butter or olive oil) and then simmer them in a nice red sauce for at least 30 minutes. I always find great recipes for everything on -- check it out!
  9. with all these descriptions, now i myself am hungry.. hehe
  10. I second the suggestion for carbonara - it is so yummy!
  11. Add chopped pieces of zuchini to the sauce - along with chickpeas and baby spinach. Let the sauce simmer with these components in it until the zuchini is soft. Garlic goes well with sauces like this :smile:
  12. three words: panchetta, panchetta, panchetta
  13. You can make your own pesto. Just blend basil, small amount of cheese, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, and spices. I go for the Texas pesto and use pecans, cinnamon, and red peppers. :biggrin:

It's a good way to get the good fats for you :biggrin:
  14. I'm not a pasta eater myself, but my daughter loves pasta, so this sounds soooo great. I'm going to try it. Anything fresh is always good.
  15. Make a ragu with roasted tomatoes, ground veal, pork and some hot chilies.
    Serve over spagetti and top with red wine braised mushrooms and chopped parsely.
    I have an actual recipe if you are interested