Any tips for water retention?

1. Its not a chronic condition that I have......I just had a really salty meal and i can feel the bloat coming on.....

I hate that feeling . Yuck.

I keep drinking water and I still have not gone to the bathroom...not a good sign.

Should i just keep drinking and drinking to flush the sodium out or should i stop?

2. Keep drinking the water. The way to get rid of water retention is to drink more water.

3. Nettle and dandelion teas can also help

4. I think this is the best thing to do, as contradictory as it sounds. It might take a lot of water to make you feel better! Sometimes I take a diuretic too. You can get them over the counter at the drugstore.

5. Drink water and cofffee (regular no capufrapo nonsense).

6. Thanks everyone. I will continue to drink more water and see if it helps

....and stay away from the salt too. :tup:

7. Green tea

8. I used to do fitness competitions in my early twenties and we always wanted to be as "cut" (water-free) as possible so for a couple of days we'd minimize sodium and carb intake, eat small meals (carb-free) a few times a day and definitely drank lots & lots of water. (Diuretics are iffy as far as I'm concerned and can be dangerous as they will drop your blood pressure and may cause you to lose electrolytes as well).

9. you should drink water, but it has to be DISTILLED WATER!!!! this type of water usually consume by bodybuilders or gymgoers, since they don't like water stayed in their body, good luck!

10. Yes!

11. You could also try eating kale or cabbage (cooked of course). Kale works for me. If you need a kale recipe PM me.

12. Oh. Sounds yucky. Does it taste good?

13. What is kale?

14. Kale is a leafy green like turnip greens, mustard greens or collard greens. It is often used as a garnish, because it is a pretty, curly green leaf. No, I don't find it yucky, but I love vegetables and especially greens. It is incredibly good for you and loaded with vitamins. I believe it is from the cabbage family.

15. a mug of warm water with two tablespoons of lemon or lime juice.