Any thoughts on Knox bags?

1. I am new here...the perfect bag search led me to this forum. I am considering buying a Knox bag, but I don't buy very expensive bags. I haven't spent over $300 for a bag (I'm so jealous reading all of your fabulous bag buys on this forum!). I have been searching for the "perfect" bag and haven't been able to find it, especially with my price limitations. I have fallen in love with a Knox bag and think it may be that perfect bag, but it is more than I have ever spent (over $400), and I'm not sure I should spend that much. First, I have only seen the bag online, so I don't know from first hand experience that I will really love it. Second, should I splurge (for me) on a bag from a designer that isn't well known? Thanks for any input!

2. Hi and welcome to TPF!

I have never heard of the Knox bag. Do you have any pics?

3. [​IMG]
    Roan Weekend Bag

Price: $592.00
    Handmade Roan weekend bag is constructed of soft nappa leather with custom brass hardware made by the designer and her dad! Other features two side-zip cargo pockets, and front zip pocket. Dimensions: 18" x 12" x 5.5"

Ooops. Sorry for the big pic!

I found this bag. Is the one you want similar?

4. hmmm..that is an interesting bag, can't really tell if I like it or not...

its ok!

WELCOME TO TPF!!! You will :heart: it here!!!

5. i've been talking about knox bags for a while now, i love them, and think they look incredibly well-made. the hardware is so cool...i've never seen them IRL, and so far the only place to buy online is chocosho. i have a hard time buying online with out a code, so i probably won't get one anytime soon, but i think they're great bags.

6. Interesting bag. If you really like it, go for it. If it's not as smashing IRL when it arrives, you can always return it, right? Plus, sometimes it's much better having things that no one else has. :tup:

7. This is the one I love....the Pamplona Tote.
    I agree that it's nice to have a bag that not everyone has, but since I don't normally spend so much on a bag, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not to spend so much on a fairly unknown designer. I was really hoping there would be a code for Chocosho, I even emailed them, but to no avail. I would be paying for the bag, tax and shipping. That makes it quite pricey, especially for me. But I love it...at least I think so without seeing it IRL.

pamplona.jpg
  8. Oooooh, that is pretty! Very striking but neutral! The leather looks really nice, too!