Any S Factor ladies here?

1. I've realized that there are lots of women on TPF that have similar interests as me, so I'm wondering if any of you guys take S Factor classes? I have been taking S Factor classes in NYC for 9 months now, and I love every minute of it.

For those that haven't heard of S Factor - it's a pole/strip class that was created by the actress Sheila Kelley. Not only is it a great workout, but it is an extremely positive movement for women which enhances your self esteem and brings lots of positive women together.
  2. I would check in the Health/Fitness area... there are probably a lot of ladies that participate in it.
  3. Sounds fantastic - nothing like that round where I live.
  4. Riffraff - an S Factor studio is opening in London later this year! Check out for more info. I heard it was a big hit when Sheila Kelley visited London for some S Factor workshops. This movement is going to be all over the world soon.
  5. I don't have any classes near me but I do have a pole. It's pretty damn hard and you'll end up with a LOT of bruises!
  6. Zophie, isn't it great fun. I get awful bruises also. You should try Arnica, it really helps. It can be found in most natural food stores, and some regular pharmacies carry products with Arnica too. But I have built amazing upper body strength, pulling your own body weight as you flip upside down on the pole has given me great arms.
  7. Toronto offers pole dancing classes, and I'm curious as to trying it.

(It's not the S Factor, it's Arcadia Fitness. I'm waiting to have a little more money and I want to be in a little better shape before I try it.)

Right now I'm doing Carmen Electra's Cardio Striptease and that works for me in the meantime.
  8. I wish there were some actual classes near me. I've only self taught myself and I have trouble motivating myself to learn more. I'm sort of stuck in a rut.
  9. ^^ Arcadia recommended coming to class with knee pads!
  10. Hey Kamilla! Just found your thread. I know it's waaaaay old, but here I am anyway.

I went to my second Level 1 class last night. I'm such a nerd, I actually ordered a pole this morning. I'm a bit of a spaz so I really need to practice between classes. I have not yet mastered the firefly and don't want to fall behind. :p