Books & Music Any Romance book readers here on tPF

i have three books to read this weekend karen hawkins much ado about marriage. gaelen foley my dangerous duke and lisa kleypas love in the afternoon. so ill let you all know how they are!!

Foley and Kleypas are great authors. My next book after Breaking Dawn will be Foley's Wicked Marquess from the Inferno Club series.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I recently bought a book from half-price books just randomly and really enjoyed it. It is called "Sword of Darkness" by Kinley MacGregor. Maybe some of you have read this Lords of Avalon series?

I love Judith McNaught and Julie Garwood ! Glad I'm not the only one reading 'em ! Hehe

I am an avid historical romance reader and want to throw my vote in for Judith McNaught. Her historicals are unrivaled in terms of romantic angst, character development, etc. She doesn't cloud her story line with murder-myster plots or other ludicrous spy back story. She focuses purely on the dynamic between the two main characters.

Favorite Judith Mcnaughts
: Whitney, My Love (my ultimate favorite). Something Wonderful. Once and Always. Kingdom of Dreams. Almost Heaven. :biggrin:

Kathleen Woodiwiss: A Rose in Winter (like beauty and the beast).

Laura Kinsale: Flowers from the Storm (amazingly sweet). Shadow and the Star

Lisa Valdez: Passion (a bit risque, but the romance is heart wrenching)

Rona Sharon: My Wicked Pirate (ignore the cheesy title)

Last edited:
Just finished reading over the weekend Gaelen Foley's Inferno Club series

My Wicked Marquess
My Dangerous Duke

Highly recommend them!! Can't wait for book 3!

Georgette Heyer is one of my favorite authors. She's not very well-known in the US (she was English) but I think her historical romances are witty and interesting. My mom recommended them to me years ago and "These Old Shades" is one of my top five books of all time:
http://www.amazon.com/These-Old-Shades-Georgette-Heyer/dp/1402219474/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1291487303&sr=8-7

Other favorites are "Arabella", "Cotillion", "The Corinthian", and "Devil's Cub". As a side note, her books are devoid of any graphic scenes.

Georgette Heyer is one of my favorite authors. She's not very well-known in the US (she was English) but I think her historical romances are witty and interesting. My mom recommended them to me years ago and "These Old Shades" is one of my top five books of all time:
http://www.amazon.com/These-Old-Sha...9474/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1291487303&sr=8-7

Other favorites are "Arabella", "Cotillion", "The Corinthian", and "Devil's Cub". As a side note, her books are devoid of any graphic scenes.

Her books are classics. I think I've read every Regency romance she wrote. I can't pick a favorite

http://www.amazon.com/These-Old-Sha...9474/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1291487303&sr=8-7

She is one of the Mother's of Romance today.

^Yes, she set the standard for Regencies and how to write a good story without graphic love scenes. Not every book has to be flaming hot, IMO.

I agree with all of Lisa Kleypas's fans--her books are consistently excellent.

Just finished Cathy Maxwell's new historical romance, His Christmas Pleasure. I thought it was outstanding. Nothing was easy for this couple. It really engaged me. For anyone familiar with the review magazine that began as Romantic Times magazine, now called RT Book Reviews, the book was given a Top Pick rating for December.